1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Rail Cargo Update (load/Unload) / Turrets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flass Maximus, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Flass Maximus

Hi all

I'm wondering if the dev team has mentioned anything about integrating cargo transfer across a Rail Turret Axis with the new cargo transfer system; or if anyone has found a practical workaround.

with manually aimed turrets, salvage turrets are now even cooler an idea then before, with one noticeable flaw, no way to automatically transfer the cargo to the mothership.

(im playing on the most recent pre-release to test out the new reactor systems)

2. kiddan

kiddan Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror

I believe fleet mechanics were mentioned as an argument in the past. Why add yet another rail block if you can be even more efficient with a large mining fleet that (hopefully *coughcough*) will dock to the mothership and transfer cargo by doing so?

3. Antikristianos

i recently read something about performance problems withn the codde needed for that... probably because it has to be cargo transfer across at least 2 different entitys.

so i dont think this will be comming in the near future.