Raiben has posted the Q&A

Reaction score
    Reaction score
    That Q&A was very informative, thanks all of you guys for the information. Now I can go back and find specific information! =D

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You should do another in the future, this one felt very successful and well done!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema du är super bra när det gäller ditt arbete med StarMade. Fortsätt så och du kommer bli större än Notch!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It was very saddening seeing the Starmade Community Q&A turn into the Starmade Mushroomfleet\'s Q&A, by that I mean they disallowed any talk or opinions that conflicted with their own. People where being banned from the chat for disagreeing with, or supplying alternate ideas from, the people running the stream. People where also being banned for confirming the existence of bugs, that was when I stopped watching.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    As a chat moderator from the Q&A I can confirm that no one was banned for disagreeing with any opinion. As for bug-reporting; there are tools that star-made provides that can be used to helpfully send logs and information to the dev crew. A heavily populated twitch stream is neither the time nor the place for sending in individual problems, or re-confirming well doccumented bugs. That being said; no one was banned for that either.

Finally the format for questions was carefully chosen to avoid the chaos that comes with having so many people with so much to ask. Instead of individually accepting questions the MushroomFleet team took some of the most commonly asked ones across the whole of star-made and put them into an easily digestable \"FAQ\" style. So if you didn\'t get your question answered, make a thread, or suggestion, and if enough people seem interested it\'ll likely get thrown into the next Q&A.

Best Regards,
    Dalmont

Reaction score
    Id like to add few points in addition to Dalmonts comments.

First, we encouraged the community to post their questions on a reddit post, this was promoted via the Starmade website and twitter. There were a good many questions, and that list took four hours to work through. If you feel your question should have been asked, then please submit it to the list the next time we prepare to do a Q&A.

Second, in regards to bug; reports, clarifications, disputes, suggestions, and arguments - I am not the person coding the game, that is all Schema. The BEST way to bring up these issues involving bugs with Schema is to use your bug report tool (which we do discuss in the Q&A) make bug reports on the forum, on reddit, even videos on YouTube. Be descriptive and thorough and these issues will get added to the list and descriptions of known bugs.

Reaction score
    Actually, there were a few of us having a detailed discussion on some of the mechanics and bugs and I can confirm that Mowa was banned under the pretence of \"Whining\".

I realise that a chat meant for the general public, and that chats about sector corruption and general stability might not have been as interesting as \"more coloured blocks\", but if we cant raise them there, then where can we? Specifically regarding asteroids being involved with sector corruption (As a representitive of both ElwynEternity and Infinite Havoc, I can confirm that it does), Bug report and private discussions with bug testers have been met with the generic \"We can\'t replicate it, therefore it doesn\'t exist\", along with fervid denial by certain Mushroom Fleet members that anything is wrong.

We want this game to succeed as much as anyone, but if valid concerns about bugs, stability and current mechanics take a back seat to coloured blocks, more light armaments and player marriage, then I can\'t see this game going too far.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I don\'t honestly know what to tell you, I simply did my best to provide an avenue for Schema and Calbiri to answer the questions posted to reddit, and try to tackle some of the questions in chat, however, if we all stayed around the whole time until every single question was answered we would still be there, not to mention all the repeat questions etc. I am sorry you apparently did not enjoy it, if you have any constructive criticism to levy and suggestions to give, I will listen. If you plan to bitch and moan about how \"this wasn\'t how I wanted it to be\" then set your own version up.

As for someone getting banned, as far as I know, I only timed someone out for repeatedly spamming \"FTL\" in the chat.

Reaction score
    I had no problems whatsoever with your initial stream. I was agreeing with gravypod that when MushroomFleet took over, they were less than impartial when it came to policing the chat. The one case of banning I saw was from having a difference of opinion with a moderator. It wasnt even a comment directed at them, expecting a response, but a part of a discussion several of the chat members were having.

Keep it friendly, open to questions and free of any one particular servers\' control, and I\'m sure the Q&A\'s in the future will be fantastic :)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I am part of mushroom fleet you know.. and whilst I did run into technical problems, I did do my best to watch the chat/was in TS the whole time, just couldn\'t talk as it would have been stuttery/robotic. Either way, if said individual that was banned could talk to me, i\'d be interested to hear what they have to say. Either way, I ran the stream, and tomino graciously took over for me when my internet shot itself in the foot repeatedly. My understanding is that you guys were talking about bugs, and whilst that is very important, I recognize that, it wasn\'t the focus of the Q&A at all. Bugs are what bug reports are for, and unfortunately, we didn\'t have time to go over every single bug that was brought up in the chat during the 4 hours we were streaming.

Reaction score
    Hmm people saying only mushroomfleet asked question. If only there was a third party website such as... Reddit maybe. then people can post there questions there. Right so that is the place, all we need now is coverage. Put it in the launcher for a week before.
    Put an add in the SM launcher to post questions on reddit. so that the community could ask questions.
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID YOU MORON!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    At the end, during the MISC section, we tried to compile all the questions asked earlier and run through them quickly, if we didn\'t hit everybody\'s questions then I am sorry, but we were all a little burnt out. Some qestions were unsuited for the Q&A and some we were asked by schema not to talk about as Calbiri and Schema havent come up with definative answers yet. That being said, if you want to ask your own questions, we will be doing another Q&A in the future, and, as last time, there will be a post on reddit allowing anyone to ask questions. I hope to see you then, thanks for watching.

Reaction score
    \"Графік ти супер корисно, коли мова заходить про вашу роботу з Star Зроблено. Тримайте його вгору, і ви будете більше, ніж Notch!\"

I especially liked the way it called schema a graphic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    \"from the chat for disagreeing with, or supplying alternate ideas from, the people running the stream. People where also being banned for confirming the existence of bugs, that was when I stopped watching.\". I am talking about the twitch stream chat, you are talking about the stream.