radiation shields

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I suggest a new shield block what will protect a player from radiation from stars so that a star sector can also be used.
    Others like the normal shield system it will create a shield sphere where the player is secrure from radiation.
    As more radiation Shields are placed on a ship as bigger is the Shield Sphere .
    Also the energie needing will rise when the radiation level is stronger(mean when you are nearer to a star).
    Also if you haven't enought energie you will get radiation damage but not as strong as without radiation shields(the difference will be belong to the difference how many energie you have and what would needed to get full radiation securation).
    The shields will also only consume max 75% of the ship energie so the ship will be still manoverabe and not out of power. In a star the energie needing would be to big to do protect you(only the damage you would get will be reduced).
    This should be also placeable on stations so it would be able to build stations near stars.

Reaction score
    Interesting idea. It would make for some interesting game mechanics and build designs. But I also see a come back of warpgates into stars occurring..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Interesting idea. It would make for some interesting game mechanics and build designs. But I also see a come back of warpgates into stars occurring..
    Warpgates and Jumpdrives could be affected from the radiation so that is not possible to set a station near a star as targed for a warpgate.
    Ore only when the gate is secured from a radiation shield and the spawnpoint of the ship is in this radiation free area.
    Also you can see on the map where the targed of the warpgate is.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    lol is this just another way of asking for bubble shields? ....sphere shields?...hmm?

the idea is nice but i would just overlap the effect of the current shield animation ,make it a different color and a "wear out" color in parts that are getting radiation damage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lol is this just another way of asking for bubble shields? ....sphere shields?...hmm?
    Not bubble shields I mean the secured radius will be a sphere or tell me an other way because the normal ship shield system don't protect an player itselfe I also don't say that there must be an visual Shield perimeter it could also be that there appeares an warning when you are 2 meters away from the radiation shield perimeters. It should be only create a area where you are secure from the star radiation!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431969211,1431969041][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I don't ask to remake the shields system itself I only suggest an new shield system for radiation secure.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431969380][/DOUBLEPOST]Also this shield will only need energie in an solar sector.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Not bubble shields I mean the secured radius will be a sphere or tell me an other way because the normal ship shield system don't protect an player itselfe I also don't say that there must be an visual Shield perimeter it could also be that there appeares an warning when you are 2 meters away from the radiation shield perimeters. It should be only create a area where you are secure from the star radiation!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431969211,1431969041][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I don't ask to remake the shields system itself I only suggest an new shield system for radiation secure.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431969380][/DOUBLEPOST]Also this shield will only need energie in an solar sector.
    kk, just asking... as I stated I do like the idea, just wasn't clear about what you meant by sphere shields, but now I know, and its cool.