Radial gravity block

Reaction score
    Planets arent moving. the sectors the planets are in are moving.

Reaction score
    Again there\'s no way of us knowing if it will be a pain we\'re not developing it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well i just don\'t hope big ships get pulled in all the time. i jsut think ships shouldnt be affected by gravity (and players should) i think that is you want ships to dock on a spacestations gravity you should use a tractor beam idea. otherwise you get pulled to someting (a spacestation) you don\'t even notice. also could cause MASSIVE trolling by creating a gravity vortex around a shop so it gets VERY hard to get out. or an inversed gravity vortex so noone can get in.

Reaction score
    Yeah I said the spacestation would have artificial gravity kept within its confines but not exuding the force to pull in ships. Gravity doesn\'t work that way.

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think a gravitation lock (just a door/ field, u walk through and get the effect of the gravityblock) would be better than radial gravity. And i hate it if i fall out of my ship and i think its bad for hangars and other ships too.

Or just add a magnet-boot mode for the spacesuit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Obviously this was the end goal. This does seem a little hard to do. Unlike shield you can just make it check to see if the ship has any shields connected to it and then deal with the damage accordingly. The easiest way for the devs to do this is to create a cirle or box that the gravity influences.

Reaction score
    Ok I think I need to be a little bit clearer a lot of people are misunderstanding me. I chose the word radial to signify it affects a radius. Area would have been a better word.

This block would have absolutely zero effect on anything outside the building it is attached to.

Ships will not be sucked into stations.

Players would not be able to grief by putting it on a ship because it is a space station item like the undeathinator.

The block would function in exactly the same way as a planet does except the gravity in the \'atmosphere\' would not exist. Therefore stations would not be pulling anything in. The INTERIOR is the only aspect of the station affected by gravity. The EXTERIOR remains the same. And I hope I don\'t have to say this again because I\'m sounding like a broken record but none of us are programming this game, we do not know the complexities of the code. Therefore we cannot possibly comment on whether we think it is difficult to code or not.

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you mean something like the magnet boot just controled by a gravity block?

Reaction score
    In a way but you wouldn\'t be able to walk up the side of walls like magnetised boots would. Imagine every sci-fi ever. Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Stargate where you can just walk around like normal inside a station.

It\'s really not hard to understand.

Reaction score
    you could have a variant of plexidoors that add the effect of gravity when you walk through it and takes it away when you walk back through, you could also make it so that other doors pick up if you have the gravity effect and then remove it, eg. you could have a 3 wide by 2 high corridor as you enter one side it adds gravity and when you walk through the door at the other end it removes it.

Reaction score
    That\'s a good idea, that is essentially what I want to emulate. If that would function better then do that.