Recognized Radar Icons

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    this is probably already suggested, but radar icons would be 2000000000 times easyer then squeres
    the rader has all sort of coloured squeres at the moment, it isn't the hardest rader method.
    but I think it can be way easyer, when we look at the map we have a shop icon and a station icon.
    add these icons in the radar (right top corner to make clear what i am talking about)
    then add a ship icon, it is exualy already kinda designed, the ship icon, the logo of starmade is perfect looking.
    edit that a bit and add some iron metal shades into it and it would be done.
    give the outlines of friendly ships and stations green, the neutral white, and the enemy red.
    these outlines would be more like a glow a green glow and a red glow and a white glow.
    when a core of a ship is overheating, let the ship icon flash and the closer to overheating, the faster it flashes.
    for the docked ships you could make a icon through the ship icon, something like a blue arrow pointing down
    this adds a nice detail to the radar as it is now

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe after a few seconds (to simulate the on-board computer analyzing the target), have a little icon pop up next to the squares to show what it is. Downside: it will obscure other contacts. Maybe the icons could pop in for a second, then fade out for a couple of seconds. There would need to be a button that would allow you to blink in the icons on-demand, so you can quickly see what is what.

I tried to find some good icon examples, but my google-fu is failing me today.

Alternative idea: blinking colors: first color is hostility, second color is target type. (E.g. Yellow is missiles, Red is ships, Blue is asteroid, Green is ships, etc.) Maybe throw a text legend down underneath the radar display so you know what each color represents with each blink.