Racially Diverse Avatars

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Avatar skins that are Black, Asian, Latino, Arab, Female, Blue, Green, Silver, Martian, etc. Having one plain avatar is annoying.

P.S If you don't like this suggestion, you are a racist.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    I don't like this suggestion since the suggestion forgets that people can make their avatar whatever they want if they can make it. Having a "racially diverse" avatar seems a bit racist in itself, to me, since it's more or less saying: do you feel uncomfortable about playing as a default of this skin color? Do you want to play one other than your skin color?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Uh.. you can make your own skin. People have been doing it for ages.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well, what if a guy who isn't white wants to play Star Made? And who decided that "white" is default? If anything, it should be Asian, because there's more of them. And not everyone has the expertise to paint their own skins. A list of avatars you can choose from is a good idea.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Minecraft does the same thing. And yet nobody complains about that because, again, we can get someone to make a skin if they themselves cant. It's not really a priority feature...

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Snk went off the deep end.

Dave is German. Cuz dev is German. Thats how I see it. There are plenty of people you can request to make a skin for you.

Reactions: Zyrr and Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    This is an obvious troll. No one is this lazy and arrogant xD

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally I support more default variants (Skin tone and suit color) but... Not a high-priority feature. At all.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Minecraft noobs have been using the same Steve skin for years. In Starmade, the Dave skin is the noob-ish default skin. If you want a new skin, either pick one from Community Content or make your own. All you really need is Paint or Photoshop. I am sure someone will come out with "Black Dave" someday.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    "Well, what if a guy who isn't white wants to play Star Made? And who decided that "white" is default? If anything, it should be Asian, because there's more of them. And not everyone has the expertise to paint their own skins. A list of avatars you can choose from is a good idea." -Snk
    hmm hypocritical much? just because theres more Asian people doesn't mean that the skin should be Asian. That could be viewed as racist. And I'll just restate what people have said above. You can always make a skin.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe we could all forget about race and focus on spaceships? That'd be nice.
    Why not race the ships?!
    But yeah, it's a game about ships, not people o- o you want a black ship? All the power to ya.

Ps; The "useful" rating doesn't mean your post is useful... I'm just throwing a wrench at ya.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    A shame that I have but one Optimistic rating to give.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can I just say, that this is total bull? Seriously? The fact that you see the need to differentiate in the first place is racist. I dont see a point in having multiple different skins for different skin colours, because it doesnt matter. Everyone is a person, and to me there is no difference if someone's skin is lighter or darker than my own, or if it was orange Ffs. Seriously, i'd have figured we could move beyond this kind of ridiculousness.

Ugh. Where is the middle-finger rating when you need it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Guys, this is just a bad bait thread. Don't give them the attention they crave.

Ugh. Where is the middle-finger rating when you need it.
    I hate the rating system, but I honestly wouldn't mind one of these if not just for the novelty. Implementation when?

Reaction score
    How to be sarcastic on the internet without causing a mega shit storm: Lesson one: DON'T. EVER.

We don't need that in game, but what we do need is some modder to make some skins. 'dave' is supposed to be generic, what do you think of when you think of generic in North Murika/Germany? White male with brown hair of course. Then modders can make him into their own character. That's the idea. For modders to make him female, black, Asian, Swedish, ambiguous, whatever.

Am I racist? Of course I am! White pride! 14/88! Hitler did nothing wrong! Seriously though sarcasm on the net isn't a very good idea.

Reactions: Azurite
    Status
    Not open for further replies.