Race gates only last one lap

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So, I've recently made a racing track and built the Racing gate blocks (2D loop, all correctly) on the "finishing line". The problem is, no matter how many laps I place when creating a race in the computer, it always finishes on the first lap. Am I forgetting something or is that a bug?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    You need to make each loop like you would warp gates even if they are all on the same entity and also you have to connect them like them as well.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You need to make each loop like you would warp gates even if they are all on the same entity and also you have to connect them like them as well.
    What do you mean? I have made the 2D loop connected to the computer. Let me throw some pictures.

One strip is where the loop of the race gate is, which is the finishing line. I though the number of laps would count, but it seems to only compute one single lap, and then, ending the event.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    You build race gates just like you do warp gates right down to how to connect them to create additional checkpoints. Two race gates can be on the same entity but for them to work they need to be linked with a marker beam.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You build race gates just like you do warp gates right down to how to connect them to create additional checkpoints. Two race gates can be on the same entity but for them to work they need to be linked with a marker beam.
    So I must place another gate? Where would you recommend, then?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    if you have more than one gate already just link them with a marker beam. Just put additional gates where you think they should be like on turns or every so often on long straightaways.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    if you have more than one gate already just link them with a marker beam. Just put additional gates where you think they should be like on turns or every so often on long straightaways.
    Just did it, no good. Still ends on the first lap.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm might be a bug than. I'll see if I can get it to happen on my end. I've got Standalone race gates where each one is on it's own station so there might be a difference.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    hmm might be a bug than. I'll see if I can get it to happen on my end. I've got Standalone race gates where each one is on it's own station so there might be a difference.
    I can send you the blueprint of the current thing to check it out, if you want.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Here's my current ones: Racing Stations These are designed 1 gate per station so you need at least 2.

I'll see if I can figure out what's going on when I can. There might be an unreported bug floating around since most people don't pay attention to race gates and shipyards all that much.

If you happen to have a spare copy of the BP for your station you are working on this issue for post it up and I'll take a look. :) Maybe someone else will beat me to it. XD

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Went through and checked all 4 cases, 3 single gate stations connected to eachother, 3 gates on one station connected to eachother, 1 single gate connected to itself, and 1 single gate connected to nothing. The only one that causes what you are describing is the last one. Keep in mind to start a race you need a logic block connected to the racing computer you want to be the starting point.

Also you have to connect racing gate computers the same way you connect warp gates even if they are all on the same entity and that is using a Marker Beam tool: Right Click to mark, Left Click to input marked target.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Went through and checked all 4 cases, 3 single gate stations connected to eachother, 3 gates on one station connected to eachother, 1 single gate connected to itself, and 1 single gate connected to nothing. The only one that causes what you are describing is the last one. Keep in mind to start a race you need a logic block connected to the racing computer you want to be the starting point.

Also you have to connect racing gate computers the same way you connect warp gates even if they are all on the same entity and that is using a Marker Beam tool: Right Click to mark, Left Click to input marked target.
    Oh, so I need to use the marker tool even if i'm using only one gate (finishing line...) - Marking itself to itself... Weird, but it worked that way. Thanks, issue is solved, thread can be locked now.