Recognized by Council Race Gates Display Time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I know race gates are new, and not all of the kinks are worked out of them yet, but one thing that has irked me every time I've messed with them is that it doesn't show the lap/race times anywhere after you've finished the race. I think there should be a drop down or separate window accessible from the Races tab or the Race gate computer that allows you to view lap times (when applicable) and race time for each player. This would allow for players who care to set a goal for themselves, know when they've improved their lap time, and know by exactly how much they were beaten, as well as allowing race proctors to keep a leaderboard. While I'm not sure how this would be implemented, it would be an awesome addition and many people would take advantage of it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After some consideration, I also think that you should be able to save results and times, similar to saving network stats.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm thinking: new Display Block variables.
    However, since I'm not familiar with race gates yet, I'm not sure how it work.

Assuming that the race gates are all on the same entity (maybe linked), and assuming you are only interested in the top 3 players:
    [totaltime1] (Total time raced so far: lead racer)
    [totaltime2] (Total time raced so far: second place)
    [totaltime3] (Total time raced so far: third place)
    [totalgates1] (Total gates passed so far: lead racer)
    [totalgates2] (Total gates passed so far: second place)
    [totalgates3] (Total gates passed so far: third place)
    [totalgatestrack] (Total number of gates in the track)
    [timethisgate1] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): lead racer)
    [timethisgate2] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): second place)
    [timethisgate3] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): third place)
    [totallaps1] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: lead racer)
    [totallaps2] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: second place)
    [totallaps3] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: third place)
    [totaltimethislap1] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: lead racer)
    [totaltimethislap2] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: second place)
    [totaltimethislap3] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: third place)
    [totallapsthisrace] (How many times the last gate has to be passed in order, to finish the race.)
    [timediff1] (time difference between when the first player passed the latest gate and when the second player passed that same gate)
    [timediff2] (same as timediff1; difference between second place and lead player)
    [timediff3] (time difference between when the second player passed the latest gate and when the third player passed that same gate)
    [shipname1] (ship name of lead racer)
    [shipname2] (ship name of second place)
    [shipname3] (ship name of third place)
    [pilotname1] (pilot name of lead racer)
    [pilotname2] (pilot name of second place)
    [pilotname3] (pilot name of third place)
    [shipclass1] (ship blueprint name of lead racer)
    [shipclass2] (ship blueprint name of second place)
    [shipclass3] (ship blueprint name of third place)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm thinking: new Display Block variables.
    However, since I'm not familiar with race gates yet, I'm not sure how it work.

Assuming that the race gates are all on the same entity (maybe linked), and assuming you are only interested in the top 3 players:
    [totaltime1] (Total time raced so far: lead racer)
    [totaltime2] (Total time raced so far: second place)
    [totaltime3] (Total time raced so far: third place)
    [totalgates1] (Total gates passed so far: lead racer)
    [totalgates2] (Total gates passed so far: second place)
    [totalgates3] (Total gates passed so far: third place)
    [totalgatestrack] (Total number of gates in the track)
    [timethisgate1] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): lead racer)
    [timethisgate2] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): second place)
    [timethisgate3] (Total time raced up to this gate (linked to a gate?): third place)
    [totallaps1] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: lead racer)
    [totallaps2] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: second place)
    [totallaps3] (Number of times the last gate has been passed: third place)
    [totaltimethislap1] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: lead racer)
    [totaltimethislap2] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: second place)
    [totaltimethislap3] (Total time raced since the start gate was passed: third place)
    [totallapsthisrace] (How many times the last gate has to be passed in order, to finish the race.)
    [timediff1] (time difference between when the first player passed the latest gate and when the second player passed that same gate)
    [timediff2] (same as timediff1; difference between second place and lead player)
    [timediff3] (time difference between when the second player passed the latest gate and when the third player passed that same gate)
    [shipname1] (ship name of lead racer)
    [shipname2] (ship name of second place)
    [shipname3] (ship name of third place)
    [pilotname1] (pilot name of lead racer)
    [pilotname2] (pilot name of second place)
    [pilotname3] (pilot name of third place)
    [shipclass1] (ship blueprint name of lead racer)
    [shipclass2] (ship blueprint name of second place)
    [shipclass3] (ship blueprint name of third place)
    Yes. Goodness knows Display Variables don't get enough love.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Haven't messed with race gates either, but knowing what my lap times are is a must.

Off topic for a sec; when you start a race, does the next gate in the race show up on your hud? Wouldn't want to get lost between gates on big races.