Quick questions from a new player.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    2 quick questions.

I started playing on Sunday, my first battle brick has made me enough credits quite quickly to think about some real firepower now. I have had a read through the info on setting out power and guns to get the best from them, but what sort of stats should I look for in my second 'fighter' so I can start to mix it up with pirates.

Second question, if I make a separate mining/scavenging ship, can I just leave it near a shop and come back later for it? (Single player).

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
    1.pirates and all other Ai got buffed a few updates ago. they are really acurate now.

i recommend using some turrets on your ship as they can be really helpful in many situations.
    the threat of pirates depend mostly on their ammount.

better save then sorry is what i would say;)

2. yes you can leave your ships at shops in singleplayer (or everywhere else in space(well maybe not near a sun)) just write down the sector they are in and you guaranteed will find them when you enter the sector next time.

Reaction score
    Same as chosenmine said. Build a little bit larger ship(maybe frigate or larger) to take out bigger group of enemies and equip it with some turrets.

You can leave a ship anywhere and it won\'t get attacked by pirates unless you are in proximity(sector only loads when you are close). Though a better solution is to build a small base and dock it there as then even when you are close, it would be protected

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can I just take over one of the deserted stations? How do I then make it \'protected\'.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll post here again, save a new thread! Ship is getting bigger, got a working turret now (awesome!). Question is, when I kill a pirate, get his core to overheat, is there a faster way to salvage than block by block in build mode?

Reaction score
    Hi,

Yes - use salvagers for salvaging.

For this you\'d need a salvaging computer and salvaging beam blocks, and you\'d set them up in a similar way to the weapon computer and AMC blocks (link each group of salvaging beam to the salvaging computer).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I did try that, can you only salvage after you have hopped in the core to stop the overheat message?

Reaction score
    (so you don\'t have to enter them at all).

You\'ll have about 15 minutes before they disappear.

Also, try building your salvager blocks in a checkerboard pattern, in long lines. As their sides don\'t connect, each line will be able to shoot a separate salvaging beam, and you\'ll collect your loot much quicker.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cool, will try that today! On another note, do turrets now take power properly from the main ship, or is it still best to power them?

Edit, and can I reactivate the turret AI from the main ship, or do I really have to get out and find the bobby AI after accidentally cycling through the cameras.

Reaction score
    In my expireance, the turrets are powered correctly.

Also, you can reactivate the turrets by using structure panel.

Reaction score
    I believe that shield blocks on turrets still require power, since turrets are not included in the mothership\'s shield system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great help so far, I\'m slowly becoming a genuine threat to pirates, lol. I want to add a second turret to the front of my frigate, stepped in the same way the naval warships use. Will the second turret just end up shooting me?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    1. A turret will not shoot any ship, that is in the same(or a befriended) alliance as itself.

2. A turret will not shoot neutral entities like planets and asteroids, unless:

1. the entity is claimed by an enemy faction(in relation to the turret)

2. the entity is selected and the AI is set to \'attack selected target\'

3. A turret will shoot an enemy ship, although the AI is set to \'attack selected target\' and the enemy ship isn\'t selected(it will shoot the selected entity first though, if the entity isn\'t friendly)

Reaction score
    The turret won\'t shoot your own ship but don\'t put it far forward if you have fixed guns on your ship, because even though the turret can\'t damage its ship, the ship can damage the turret. This can be a big problem due to the fact that AMCs can shoot off at angles, and will even shoot backwards if the situation is right (cockpit is behind the business end and you highight your own turret for example)

Edit: or basically you\'re fine to put turrets anywhere, even one in front of the other so long as it\'s out of the main guns cone of fire - or you don\'t mind shooting your own turret.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the clarification, my main guns run right along the bottom of the hull, so should be out of the way!