quick question

Reaction score
    Basically a quick question. Cant find the answer on google.

I want to invite players to my faction but wary of enemy factions creating fake accounts. So I figure if you can uplink only a single account to one copy of the game it would be safer to only recruit uplinked people.

So my question is: Can you uplink more than 1 account for starmade?

Reaction score
    If you want you could up-link a separate account every time you start the game - but you need to remember the username and password. I had a friend log on to my server from my machine by entering his details in the start up options.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    it depends on the server. Most servers keep it at default if I remember correctly, and so typically you can have ten names on one account.

Reaction score
    it depends on the server. Most servers keep it at default if I remember correctly, and so typically you can have ten names on one account.
    So let me get this right; if you uplink your account, you can type in a different name on the second login screen and that name will be uplink protected aswell?

If so that sucks, was hoping this would be a way to be sure of peoples legitimacy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    So let me get this right; if you uplink your account, you can type in a different name on the second login screen and that name will be uplink protected aswell?

If so that sucks, was hoping this would be a way to be sure of peoples legitimacy.
    well thats what the faction lock system is for... set everything to rank 1 and above

Reaction score
    well thats what the faction lock system is for... set everything to rank 1 and above
    Yes true but we came unstuck recently because somebody forgot to faction block their ship to the appropriate rank. Another person who turned out to be an enemy mole deleted the ship. Hence why I was hoping for a little bit of insurance via the uplinking system.

Just for clarification: so if you uplink your original account name; you can type in a different name on the second login screen and that name will be uplink protected aswell? without the need to uplink the name? thats right, right? or do you mean the second name wont be protected but the first will remain protected?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes true but we came unstuck recently because somebody forgot to faction block their ship to the appropriate rank. Another person who turned out to be an enemy mole deleted the ship. Hence why I was hoping for a little bit of insurance via the uplinking system.

Just for clarification: so if you uplink your original account name; you can type in a different name on the second login screen and that name will be uplink protected aswell? without the need to uplink the name? thats right, right? or do you mean the second name wont be protected but the first will remain protected?
    on most servers you can have up to 10 protected

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It is highly dependant on the server how many usernames your account can use on the server. I, for instance, have two, GeneralEagleEye, and my secret username for messing with my friends. You can request the server owner change the config so that players can only log in with one username, but beyond that, yes, they can change their username and have them both protected.

If the server has it's (Default) 10 name protection enabled, and someone makes an 11th account, then the one that was used the least recently is now unprotected.

Reaction score
    If you are keen enough to have 2 starmade accounts you can use the same client to access both accounts by changing the details in the uplink window

(though obviously any usernames don't cross over)

Reaction score
    aw okay well ty all :) guess I just have to recruit and hope for the best.