Quick question

Reaction score
    How do I transfer my old blue prints from my original free starmade launcher, to my starmade steam account?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Steam should already startup starmade from the same location. If not, start the launcher and set the destination to wherever you had your old stuff.

Reaction score
    Unfortunately this has not worked. The universes are different from each other and the steam version has no access to the former's blue prints. I can always transfer the blue prints between my brothers account than a through lan connection to steam, but I am sure the community knows a better way of retreating the information.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    In that case the steam Version got installed somewhere else than your version before!
    They are basicaly identical !
    search for the blueprints folder of your older install and copy it to the Steam install blueprint folder
    (wherever that might be i have no idea)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Yeah guys... you do realize you can tell where the launcher searches for the game files. You don't have to copy any files at all. You just go to installation settings and tell it where to look for starmades files. Just saying. :P

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I know that very well ... and you already said that in post number 2.
    If that isnt what he/she wanted to do than copying is an option ... aside from making blueprint exports in the older game and reimporting them then!

Reaction score
    Copying and pasting the files was actually the first thing I did, didn't seem to work but I'll try again.
    In regards to the launcher I'll give that a try to, I wasn't sure what you meant the first time. How exactly should I go about it?

Oh, and by the way, no need for he/she political correctness, I'm a guy.

Reaction score
    Solved the problem! Nothing sensible was working, so... I ran a server off the steam star made, joined with the original after re-saving my favourite ships spawned them, reloaded through steam and saved them.

Ave Deus Mechanicus!

Thanks for the advice guys.