Quick question

Reaction score
    How do you increase the length of advanced build mod sliders (on a Mac)? I believe it would be similar to editing the max speed in game, but I thought I should ask before I start messing around with the games set up.

Reaction score
    I think it's set in the server CFG file (or whatever the mac equivalent is)
    Look for a file in the Starmade folder called 'settings' and if it isn't in there look in 'server'

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ToyotaSupra would be correct. There should be settings for it in your server cfg file. I would tell you precisely where, but I admittedly hadn't bothered to look just yet.

Reaction score
    Search the server.cfg for PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA. Be careful, there is a reason why it's a server, not a client setting. Placing too many blocks at once could freeze/crash your game, corrupting the structure you were currently building.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wouldn't worry so much about problems with mass placing with a large setting as I would with not having the control to adjust the sliders easily enough. I tried it at 400 and wound up unable to get to low values (like 10) easily enough. 25 seems to be the new default.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Same way. I set mine to 100 so I could copy/paste my hangars, because there was no way I was making another 18 hangars without it when the first two took me 3-4 hours with symmetry.