Quick boarding transport mechanic

Reaction score
    Basically, at the transporter menu, you can click a button saying "Show targeted." The transporter would shut down for 30 seconds, and after it'd tell you whether or not the targeted entity had a transporter.

Then, if you managed to stay within 50 meters of the targeted entity for one minute, you could transport onto it. So you'd be "hacking" the enemy teleporter so you could board on. While "hacking," any cloak you have wouldn't work. You get one transport, then you'd need another minute. The enemy shields wouldn't be affected.

This would give a huge point to boarding shuttles - you'd need a fast, maneuverable ship that could stay within range of a hostile ship for one minute.

Last edited:
    Reactions: GreenScrapBot
    Reaction score
    hmm not a bad idea. But I feel it would be too easy to board capital sized ships. Perhaps incorporate something to do with shields. If the shields are down you can just teleport over. But if the shields are up, you can only teleport if..... insert something, happens.

Reaction score
    hmm not a bad idea. But I feel it would be too easy to board capital sized ships. Perhaps incorporate something to do with shields. If the shields are down you can just teleport over. But if the shields are up, you can only teleport if..... insert something, happens.
    Nah, if it's a capitol ship it's hard enough to board already. Like anti personnel turrets, turrets, etc

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I think there are already considerable plans for offensive transportation, The main one was getting shields down, and then you would transport to a random quarter in the new quarter system. If they have no quarters, they have no crew and you can't board that way.

Reactions: Winterhome