Questions

Reaction score
    Hello! I looked on the wiki and found no help on these topics so I'm asking it here. I found an abandoned space station. Can I claim it? What do I do with it? And how did the space pirates find me? I was exploring this space station and suddenly, pirates that were 2000m away just minutes before came and found me! They shot holes in the station so I fled, but they blew off all of my cannons. There were at least 10. How can I upgrade my ship so it goes faster? I couldn't outrun them - our max speeds were the same. Also, is there a way to play without pirates? Thanks.

Reaction score
    I wonder the same things as you.

But as far as I know, you cannot play without pirates.

Reaction score
    1.You can claim a station simply by placeing a buildblock and or a factionblock on one of them.

2.Stations are most commonly used as a base, a place to dock ships, and a place to store items.

3.you can upgrade your ships by slapping on more guns, hull blocks, power generators, shields, dirt blocks, tree trunks, whatever to make it more sturdy and hold more firepower. Each block placed counts as .1 mass unit.

4. Add more thrusters to go faster! a good way to tell how much thrust is enough, is by checking the top of the screen while in buildmode. A good ratio for good speed is when thrust equals at least double the mass of the ship.

5. you can change your singleplayer map settings by opening up the CFG \"server\" file located in the Starmade folder, with notepad. There you can turn of hostile mobs and all sorts of other things.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The first abandoned space station I came across no longer exists. I salvaged every last block and now I\'m rolling in credits. I\'ll be claiming the new one I just found though.