Questions about System setups and logic

Reaction score
    So far the community has been amazing with answering some questions and pointing me in the right direction. It's really nice that the community is so alive and helpful here and speedy withe the replies at that! I do however have just a few more questions, I was wondering about the logic blocks and how they would be used or implemented.

Someone also said that i could post here if i needed some help with good systems setup and what not. I'm in process of building a decent ship now after strip mining the hell out of a starbase so it would be great to figure this stuff out :) I'm having alot of fun so far in the game :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Logic blocks can be linked to circuits like weapons are linked.
    The signal is transmitted TO the linked blocks(the one you "clicked" 'v' on)
    The gates themselves should be self explanatory.
    Weapon computers can recieve signals, which cause them to fire a SINGLE projectile(or a beam for a short time)
    Docks can recieve signals, which causes them to undock.
    Docks also activate an activation module PLACED ADJACENT to them.
    Doors and lights recieve logic signals, which turn them on(open)/off(closed)

For circuits ALWAYS remember: the following circuits do EXACTLY the same, but one has less gates

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Glad your having fun.

For logic, its a bit complicated. But if you've ever experimented with Redstone in Minecraft then you should get a basic Idea of how it works. It doesn't work exactly like redstone but it runs on the same basic logic. A member of the dev team, Bench has a thread with some extremely helpful tutorials on Logic and what you can do with them.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-logic-tutorials.887/

Check back from time to time he makes a new video every once in a while.

for basic systems it should be noticed that power blocks (the blue ones) are more effective when they are placed in patterns instead of just putting them in a mass block. try searching for advanced reactor designs here but to start off make checker board pattern of power blocks. they work more efficiently when only a few of them are touching.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    for basic systems it should be noticed that power blocks (the blue ones) are more effective when they are placed in patterns instead of just putting them in a mass block. try searching for advanced reactor designs here but to start off make checker board pattern of power blocks. they work more efficiently when only a few of them are touching.
    Actually I started thinking placing them as three connected sides of a cube or rectangle was the most efficient way, and then interweave this idea as a pattern in the space inside that thus created virtual cube or rectangle space shape. Have I interpreted the second tutorial on the home page here wrongly?

Greets,

Jan

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Actually I started thinking placing them as three connected sides of a cube or rectangle was the most efficient way, and then interweave this idea as a pattern in the space inside that thus created virtual cube or rectangle space shape. Have I interpreted the second tutorial on the home page here wrongly?

Greets,

Jan
    try this. this should explain what i mean
    Its a bit old but the same principle still applies to the current state of the game

Reaction score
    try this. this should explain what i mean
    Its a bit old but the same principle still applies to the current state of the game
    One thing about that video, it focuses on limiting the generator setup to a 5^3 area. Expanding beyond that gives the potential for far greater efficiencies. Overall the system is pretty simple though. Essentially you get a bonus for the dimensions of any group of connected blocks, so the best way to make a power formation is to ensure that each block in a formation adds to the total dimensions of the group. Each block that doesn't add to the total dimensions doesn't add to the power bonus and only gives the base 25 power/sec.

Also the bonus power is capped at 1mill (bonus only, doesn't count the base 25 per block given) and the amount given per new blocks starts to diminish as you get close to that number.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually what is shown in the video is the principle I tried to describe. Obviously English isn't my first language so maybe it was slightly hard to understand what I meant. ;-)
    It's also good to know there's a cap at higher values although I'm hardly there to start building things that need this much power yet. <g>

Thanks for the info and the example video, much appreciated.

Greets,

Jan