[Question] What is the log format ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello,

I'm develloping a little tool in C# to read easier the serverlog. I need to print some 'é' or 'è' that we use in french in the chat. I got some problems because i'dont find the format of the serverlog.txt (UTF-8 =, ASCII , Unicode ... )

If anyone could help me it would be lovely.

Reaction score
    Just continue using French, it's called the language of love for a reason, si mi l'amore.

I'm not very good at computers etc but I might be able to help, sometimes if you type a character that isn't allowed by the format (IE UTF8 etc) then you are told that it isn't allowed, and tells you the filetype. Not always though. Good luck with your project, hope someone can answer properly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi

Thank's for your answer !
    But if the file were realy encoded in UTF-8 notepad++ or Sublime Text 2 it would pin 'é' or 'è' up.
    Do i miss something ?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Hi

Thank's for your answer !
    But if the file were realy encoded in UTF-8 notepad++ or Sublime Text 2 it would pin 'é' or 'è' up.
    Do i miss something ?
    It's probably your interface not being able to parse the characters.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's probably your interface not being able to parse the characters.
    Ok, but other people have the same problem. Have you test to write an 'é' or 'è' on the chat. And look in the log if it pin 'é' or 'è' up correctly ?
    Otherwise, how can i configure my interface, because i find nothing on that.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Ok, but other people have the same problem. Have you test to write an 'é' or 'è' on the chat. And look in the log if it pin 'é' or 'è' up correctly ?
    Otherwise, how can i configure my interface, because i find nothing on that.
    It may also be, that StarMade's logger is unable to parse those characters. In that case nobody's at fault.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok. Is there any particular mean to advertice shema of this problem? It's a minor problem but i think he must just precise, on the singleton which handle the log file, the format of the file.

Any way thank's everyone !