Question to people with AMD gpus

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Maybe you could try a reformat, use PS/2 mouse/keyboard (or don't uninstall your USB keyboard mouse/drivers if you can get away with it.) Then dont allow any MS updates, just update your graphics drivers, then downlaod the 64 bit java and run it that way. Looks like you'll have to hunt down exactly what driver updates bugs it

-edit-
    is vsync off ?
    no i use it but i doesn't make any difference in terms of fps, i am 100% sure that it is some external software problem outside of starmade- something connected between windows and the amd drivers, but the thing is i have no idea how or why it is like it is...

Reaction score
    dear lord that sounds like working on a laptop. Anywyas I think you should try reformatting. Loading the basics you need for starmade, then add drivers one by one, until you find out which one breaks your game.

Reaction score
    I had this issue with MC a while back on my 7850, the problem (for me and a lot of others) was Java isnt powerful enough to make the cards come out of powersaver modes which drastically underclock the cards to lower speeds. The only way I could get around this was overclocking my card by 1+ mhz with MSI Afterburner.

Keep in mind however, that while generally overclocking by such a small amount is usually fine and wont come with any problems, there is ALWAYS a risk something can go wrong.

Reaction score
    no i use it but i doesn't make any difference in terms of fps, i am 100% sure that it is some external software problem outside of starmade- something connected between windows and the amd drivers, but the thing is i have no idea how or why it is like it is...
    ha

I have a amd hd 7770 and had the same trouble. Found out that MS was not allowing my amd driver to be updated. Turned off MS updated. Deleted drivers and then re-installed following AMD guidelines. I now have FPS rates between 170 & 250 even real close to a planet. Have no problems around big ships. Hope this helps

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ha

I have a amd hd 7770 and had the same trouble. Found out that MS was not allowing my amd driver to be updated. Turned off MS updated. Deleted drivers and then re-installed following AMD guidelines. I now have FPS rates between 170 & 250 even real close to a planet. Have no problems around big ships. Hope this helps
    O_O can you explain how you turned off MS update? Or simply exactly how you did what you did, because that sounds very much like it could solve my problem.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ha

please reply

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    well i refreshed my pc and refused to use catalyst settings and now i can load my dart, my pristis, my unix and a damocles at 60fps :)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    just come on...you can even see in my latest video that i fully loaded tenk2kamikaza's deathstar, fine

NOW MY STUPID FPS IS BAD AGAIN AND I HAVN'T DONE ANYTHING EXCEPT RESTARTING MY COMPUTER!!!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I JUST WANT TO THROW MY SIX CORES OF CRAP OUT THE BALCONY!!!!