Question Concerning Weapons

Reaction score
    I've hit another snag. I've read on the wiki and I think I'm understanding most of it but I wanted to ask about this.

1. Weapon/Slave/Effect composed of 60 total blocks. In this case, so long as the slave is not Beam then the damage for the weapon would be 60*the base damage for that master/slave set up?

2. Weapon/Slave/Effect built 1/58/1. Again, so long as slave is not beam, this would gain damage of the master/slave*60?

Beams....

If Beam is the slave then those blocks aren't counted in damage calculation but are counter in power calculation? So:

1. Weapon/Beam/Eff, 60 total blocks. 40*Weapon/Slave damage?

I know this is kind of basic stuff but my mind isn't wrapping around it quite completely.

Reaction score
    I'd like clarification as well. I was under the impression that the slave would only count up to 100% match of the master. so 20/20/20 would get you 60 but 1/58/1 would get you 3. If that is not the case, that be great! Also I've not heard of Beam not adding to the damage as a slave. Anyone else able to confirm?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can get a general idea of the power of a weapon as every blocks should contribute 5DPS (excluding hulk missiles).

Beam slaves do add damage now, that was changed in an update not to long ago. And yes, slave and effects only add to 100%, anything beyond is wasted so you never want your slave or effect to be larger than the master.

Also 100% isn't always the ultimate goal. Some weapons may actually function better with less. Sniper missiles with >100% fire faster and consume less power but sacrifice range and speed (you only need a slaved computer to get the lock on ability). Sometimes this is beneficial if you don't have the power tanks to cover the high cost of 1:1 missile:beam