Question About: Starmade in the full-realease

What do you think?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    From what I can tell releases after a certain point will be put behind pay wall requiring you to have brought the game to get versions after that point. After all schema does need to be kept fed and with a home and a successful starmade could help finance his next project in the far feature after starmade is done and dusted. (Feature complete with few bugs and no major ones)

As much as I feel for the FTP crowd you guys don't help schema much at all when it comes to paying the bills, while you do help populate the servers (which keeps multi-player alive) the only FTP players that help schema are bug testers. (Although I think the majority of them have already brought it).

Anyway the game is pretty cheap right now. 6$ which for anyone in the UK is closer to £3.50. Really the only people who can't afford to buy are minors and those guys tend to be poisonous to the community anyway... (No means to hate but the majority ruin it)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Did you pay yet? you can get the game cheaper right now than it will be on release.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    From what I can tell releases after a certain point will be put behind pay wall requiring you to have brought the game to get versions after that point. After all schema does need to be kept fed and with a home and a successful starmade could help finance his next project in the far feature after starmade is done and dusted. (Feature complete with few bugs and no major ones)

As much as I feel for the FTP crowd you guys don't help schema much at all when it comes to paying the bills, while you do help populate the servers (which keeps multi-player alive) the only FTP players that help schema are bug testers. (Although I think the majority of them have already brought it).

Anyway the game is pretty cheap right now. 6$ which for anyone in the UK is closer to £3.50. Really the only people who can't afford to buy are minors and those guys tend to be poisonous to the community anyway... (No means to hate but the majority ruin it)
    I agree whit all but some FTP are helping finding some bugs that are not known,help "spreading" the game and some help whit ideas.

But I do not agree whit "It is cheap".For me is about 30Lei[30Lions(Translated to English)NOT ANIMALS That is the name of the curency)

So even if I get 30Lei(6$) My parents are not gona let me buy this game....So is not cheap for evryone...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I agree whit all but some FTP are helping finding some bugs that are not known,help "spreading" the game and some help whit ideas.

But I do not agree whit "It is cheap".For me is about 30Lei[30Lions(Translated to English)NOT ANIMALS That is the name of the curency)

So even if I get 30Lei(6$) My parents are not gona let me buy this game....So is not cheap for evryone...
    Amount of currency has little - or nothing to with the price of the game.

Leu is less valuable than dollars. Doesn't mean the game is more expensive.

EDIT: After looking up exchange rates, 6$ is about 20 Leu (Romanian currency. Could not find what Lei was.)

Also, voting yes in your own poll is a bit dubious.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Amount of currency has little - or nothing to with the price of the game.

Lei is less valuable than dollars. Doesn't mean the game is more expensive.
    I need to get more money to equel the price of 6 dolars.

Is not like I can pay 6Lei and they do not get 6 dolars they get about 1 dolar..

Reaction score
    I need to get more money to equel the price of 6 dolars.

Is not like I can pay 6Lei and they do not get 6 dolars they get about 1 dolar..
    Exactly about 3 Lei=1 dollar. And since that is an exchange rate about 30 Lei = roughly 6 dollars. And having your countries currency be worth less then the US doesn't mean that it costs more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Exactly about 3 Lei=1 dollar. And since that is an exchange rate about 30 Lei = roughly 6 dollars. And having your countries currency be worth less then the US doesn't mean that it costs more.
    I am not saying that it costs more,I am saying that I give more money then onther people in america or US.They give 6 and I give like 20(Ok 30 it was a bit too much insted of Dolars I calculated Euro).It deos not cost more the game has the same price but I need to pay more money.

<--------------By the way it says "New Member" because I wasn't active on the forum

Reaction score
    Exactly the average Romanian probably has more Lei than the average American has dollars. Thus you should have "more" money than some of us and should be able to pay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Exactly the average Romanian probably has more Lei than the average American has dollars. Thus you should have "more" money than some of us and should be able to pay.
    Let's say that Romania has 300 Lei(example) == 100 dolars and America has 100 Dolars so basicly the value is equal but the amount is not.I am saying I need to pay MORE Lei from the amount to get someting that an American could pay less from the amount...

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    In America, they earn comparatively less in tactile numbers of money. Say, in America you'd earn about 10 dollars, while in Romania, for the exact same job, you would be paid 30 lei.

The value of what you earn should be approximately equal. And so should be the value of what you spend it on.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Its basically like saying that you and a friend are going to buy a $10 item with a $10 bill but your friend says he has to pay more because he is paying 10 $1 bills. They are both worth the same just in different amounts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    In America, they earn comparatively less in tactile numbers of money. Say, in America you'd earn about 10 dollars, while in Romania, for the exact same job, you would be paid 30 lei.

The value of what you earn should be approximately equal. And so should be the value of what you spend it on.
    Yes! That was what I tried to say

You people spent 13 posts on figuring out something that all of you knew before you even started talking about it?

Wow.
    Um...Sombody did understand someting and it was not me!Plus it was on-topic and off-topic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    (Is going to be the hero and bring this trainwreck back onto its rails)
    So should I buy the game now, or later? :/

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Anyhow, back to topic...
    OP, I don't think we should receive this game for free when it's finished just because we are present during the alpha. I call that royal bull****

If any should be granted this reward, it should be the testers. Because they have actually contributed something to the game. And from what I know, all testers have bought the game already.

Also, you asking for a free full version is a bit greedy, no?

(Is going to be the hero and bring this trainwreck back onto its rails)
    So should I buy the game now, or later? :/
    Buy it now. It is cheaper, and you support the devs.
    (Nobody is a hero here >:U)

Status
    Not open for further replies.