Question about Shield Generators and Storage

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Many of us are aware that for power, some configurations are more efficient than others, my question is; Is that the case with shields too? If so, is an ideal shield configuration the same as a power configuration? Or can you just place a box of shield generators and call it there?

Reaction score
    There is no bonus for shield being in a single group or specific shape. So yes, now you can put shield modules (also thrusters) anywhere.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There is no bonus for shield being in a single group or specific shape. So yes, now you can put shield modules (also thrusters) anywhere.
    Okay. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Power Reg: in straight lines with one Corner up or downways and at the same corner left or right. The longer the lines, the Bigger the Bonus.
    Power Cap: Big Blocks
    Schield Cap: Big Blocks
    Shield Recharge: Big Blocks
    Weapons: Big Blocks
    Salvager/supportbeams: long lines in the direction of shooting. its in a checkered pattern from the front.
    Thruster: Depends on the Servers Blockconfig. Usually it is a Big Block. But it also can be Straight lines or like PowerReg depends on the setting and the server.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Power Reg: in straight lines with one Corner up or downways and at the same corner left or right. The longer the lines, the Bigger the Bonus.
    Power Cap: Big Blocks
    Weapons: Big Blocks
    Salvager/supportbeams: long lines in the direction of shooting. its in a checkered pattern from the front.
    Thruster: Depends on the Servers Blockconfig. Usually it is a Big Block. But it also can be Straight lines or like PowerReg depends on the setting and the server.
    Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    a thing about power capacity, you get more if the blocks are touching eachother, not in any pattern but just touching eachother.

WCG

Reaction score
    Is this true? I'm just a newbie, but the wiki agrees with vuvko, that shield blocks can be placed in any arrangement: "Unlike most other ship systems, Shield systems require no controller, nor do they have any placement rules which affect efficiency. Thus Shield Capacitators and Shield-Rechargers may be placed anywhere on the ship, do not need to be grouped or linked, and are often used to fill in any spaces or pockets within the ship."

I was curious about something else to do with shields. Do you more experienced players suggest putting equal amounts of shield capacitors and shield rechargers in your ships?

I just built my first military ship, and that's what I did, but I wonder if I'd be better off with more capacitors than chargers.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shields are gap filler, you can put them anywhere you want.

Only power blocks have the weird rules to them. Generators need the whole XYZ dimensional placement, and capacitors need to be in a single huge block. Shield blocks you can shove wherever you have a spare place for them.