Question about Server logs

Reaction score
    Hi there,

I got starmade a long time ago and recently dusted it off to see how things have changed and am loving it all once again, I just rented a server for me and my brother and probably a few friends and am pushing people to try the demo.

I wanted to ask the community for a little help in locating a player/inventory directory on the server before I go digging around ~ and if there is a way to import ships directly via FTP/Console access - if that exists.

I just turned the whitelist on to prevent randoms from hopping on until my brother get settled in case he gets rolled straight away as he's peaceful - however I would like to open the server up at a later point once I set things up.

However I am aware people have connected and done things while I left it open to get things running, I am new to the admin commands and such ingame, and can't work out where it logs what they did / have on their characters and or if there is an easy way to watch what people are upto.

Ideally I want to just play with my bro/friends but if I'm going to be opening it to public I want to keep an eye on what people are doing and editing. Im quite ignorant of the systems if any that are in place currently.

If anyone can give me some server management tips / how best to monitor the server bar skimming the All chatlog I found etc.

Also Hi - super glad to be part of things and i'll be reading up so apologies for such noob questions right off the bat :D