Question about Glowstains

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Glowstains are the unwanted effect glowing objects have on other nearby blocks (or it is now, I call dibs on the term). Was wondering if anyone out there had an idea as to how to remove said unwanted glow effect from the backwall. The room has yet to have it's wall and floor/ceiling decorations, but was suppose to be dark aside from the glowing shield cores and pathways, and i can't just expand the room to add more distance, due to room constraints and concerns about the future stats of the ship at the moment. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Not sure if it belongs in shipyards, but this is where all the aesthetics experts hang out from what I know.
    As a bonus to curious persons, the ship looks as such currently.

Various places need detailing I know, not finished. Trying to focus on interior layout to get hanger doors framed first. The very plain looking "wing" is a separate ship, and will be worked on separately.

Reaction score
    I call it light poisoning. I'm sure there's a real term for it, the same thing happens with The Elder Scrolls CDK, if you out 2 light sources together the coloured one 'poisons' the other.

The only suggestions I have are:

1) use yellow hulling, but you don't get the glow on the actual block then right?
    2) Turn the glow off in block editor, or tone it down.

I don't know about vanilla.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Isn't this really about the shipwright working with what is given to get the desired result, or at least an acceptable compromise.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Isn't this really about the shipwright working with what is given to get the desired result, or at least an acceptable compromise.
    True, but I do not know what to do with it, hence I am here asking if anyone knows what might work. People seem to make ships all the time with fancy lighting and whatnot, but this is the first of 2 areas on my ship that have this unwanted glow, the other is more or less an easy fix though. I'm a rare sort in the sense I can't bring myself to do anything unless I have a vague idea of what I am doing though.

use yellow hulling
    Might try some yellow, might be able to hide it that way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can you place another block over the problem yellow lights and see if that changes how the shader scatters the light? Maybe alloyed metal mesh or metal grid.