Question about attack drones

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have heard about the concept of miniature spaceships that detach from the main ship to attack enemies. I was wondering, how exactly does that work, and could those drone reattach themselves to the mothership on command?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You need BObby AI and faction modules.
    And no, drones can't attach to mothership by themself.

Reaction score
    Actually, they can. And they're MUCH easier to launch that way since you can just use the structure tab and undock all fixed, or set up a logic button to undock them.

The reason for the pod comes in resetting and resupplying drones. Instead of having to manually buy a whole bunch of drone blueprints and then fly them one by one into the mothership, you just buy a pod that has all the drones and can dock piles o' drones per pod. The launching then becomes a tad trickier as you can't run logic from the mothership to a pod, but you can just fire a docked core from the mothership through a trigger area on the pod.

Reaction score
    Actually, they can. And they're MUCH easier to launch that way since you can just use the structure tab and undock all fixed, or set up a logic button to undock them.

The reason for the pod comes in resetting and resupplying drones. Instead of having to manually buy a whole bunch of drone blueprints and then fly them one by one into the mothership, you just buy a pod that has all the drones and can dock piles o' drones per pod. The launching then becomes a tad trickier as you can't run logic from the mothership to a pod, but you can just fire a docked core from the mothership through a trigger area on the pod.

drones can not dock themselves that is what byamarro is saying and the method you suggest does not let the drones dock themselves a person still needs to dock the pods

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Bruh, it's nearly March and you still have your Christmas lights up...

To OP, they do plan on having something like this, but it's far future.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea but it would still be cool to recall surviving fighters to your ship. Plus who wants to be a litter bug? :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea but it would still be cool to recall surviving fighters to your ship. Plus who wants to be a litter bug? :p
    i like leaving litter drones lieing around.
    it works great for when enemies enter old battle sectors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    A good question I think might be, if AI by itself can't/won't use a radar jammer, would an NPC-for-hire use it? If SOOooooo, I will be copy-pasting asteroid drones by the dozen. ;) or mock up some "wreckage" blueprints. I'd say half a titan will still slap some fear into ya. Or out of ya, whichever :D
    (May have wandered off topic a smidge, I'm sure it stayed with the 'spirit' of the topic :rolleyes: )