Putting Star Made on next gen concolls

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some peoples computers cant really handle the game or even download it like mine, but next gen conscolls will be able to handle it and then some. It would also make it easyier for people to get because some people dont want to go out and buy a computer for gaming when they already have a concol and since multiplayer is already in the game, more people will want to buy it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really don\'t think this is even envisageable for a long time, if ever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    but i dont think it will hapen anytime soon. the hardware could cope but due to the way distribution models are diferent and not to mention the recodeing required to make all the network part work again. i would certainly wait untill its out of alpha before asking for a console port

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Keep in mind, there are only very few devs working on this. They can\'t do everything.

Reaction score
    That’s an automatic, No on this idea. :) I’m sorry but consoles are a trap, they are basically pre-made PCs, they are cheaper because they are made with cheaper components and you will probably need to replace it in 3-4 years when the \"Next Generation\" of consoles comes out, otherwise you wont be able to play any of the new games.

If you payed say double the amount of the console for a PC you could get an upgradable platform that will run all the same games as long as they are produced for that platform, and you have the ability to use mods on your games. Did I mention its upgradable? You only need to pay half to one third the cost of a new console to make your PC able to play the newer games and that will probably be every 2-3 years.

Also you get a choice on how powerful you want your PC to be, you have to pay for that power, but the more powerful your PC the longer it will last before having to replace components for better models.

Consoles in my opinion are ruining game development, games are dumbed down and made to fit a console and then ported to PC instead of the other way round, this means PC users get a lower quality game but for the same price, and its all because people are buying consoles instead of PCs. Stop the madness. :)

Sorry had to rant about that, bothers the hell out of me, but most of it is true, look it up, I may be wrong on some points but I don’t think I am.

Reaction score
    The last thing this game, or any game for that matter, needs is a bunch of console kiddies. Let them stay on CoD and Halo, please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I doubt the devs could afford something like this. Anyone with an IQ over 80 can figure out that you should never put indie games on consoles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What makes you think porting a game which troubles my computer (a reasonable PC, 8gb ram, hybrid hard drive etc), not the best computer, far from the worst, to a Console would make it run better? I mean really...

Just stop getting consoles. Instead, next time you\'re considering changing computers, take the money you would spend on a console, and the money you would spend on a computer, pool the two values and get a better computer. Maybe I\'m missing something, but I\'ve seen many compelling arguments to get rid of consoles, to not bother buying them, to even go so far as to drive them out of business.

Well, now that I\'ve gotten that out of my system, I still wouldn\'t expect anything of this sort until release, and even then I think it extremely unlikely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Two guys made this game and it\'s taken them years to get it to the point it is at now. It\'s written in Java, and wouldn\'t translate easily to a console, and it would take a lot of time and money to do it. Not happening anytime soon