Pushing game limits (AI Ship overload)

Reaction score
    So today I decided to have some fun on my private server and spawn a few ai ships with admin commands to get them to fight one another, little did I know when I was trying to spawn 3 ships, I got 30 instead. So the server froze for 15 seconds as 60 ships spawned in at the same time, 30 isanths and 30 of my own fighter design, and by some miracle the server kept running. The resulting epic battle started to span between 8 different sectors and both sides were fairly evenly matched. The interesting part is that The server and the client are being run on a laptop, and it handled it! Anyone have an idea of the limit of how many AIs you can have flying about before the server goes unstable? Bring screenshots if you got them.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I remember Calbiri testing this on his machine. Said he got a couple thousand AI\'s in different ships before the server slowed down... But didn\'t crash, just got extremely slow.

Reaction score
    Thousands? i wonder what that looks like on screen. I was actually still able to play the game with the amount I had, I imagine that the server perhaps went at 0.1 tps with 1k active ais in the same sectors.