Push + Pull = Brake

Sound like a great idea?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Currently the defensive Stop effect works to nullify gravity, I like this a lot and don't think that should change.

I do however want a "braking" system that can be logic controlled.
    I suggest that if a ship is being affected by an equal push and pull defensive effect at the same time, that a "stop effect" is instead produced on that ship.

Currently if an equal push effect and pull effect is triggered at the same time on a ship it does nothing to modify the speed of that ship.

This has quite a handful of uses and would add some nice depth to the push/pull system. Tell me what you think please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm curious: Why do you want a logic controlled brake? :p
    That being said, I think a better solution might be to allow cross-effect slaving. Push > Pull = Brake :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This can already be done using a docked stop effect weapon, but I want to have an in-ship function to do it.

Some servers (and players) have Newtonian physics and having the ability to turn on a "parking brake" would be awesome.
    If you happen to play with speeds beyond 300m/s or you just passed a wormhole it can take a while to stop using shift.

Sometimes when docking (or undocking) ships into the hangar of another ship you will bump into it and send it rolling with you inside bouncing around making things more difficult and laggy.
    If you use large drones having a way to force them to brake so you can fly over and dock them would be nice.

It would help prevent people from ramming ships into stars and away from spawn protection.

If a ship gets stolen you can make it hard to speed away in it without them hunting down and disabling the brake, hopefully giving you time to catch up to it and prevent them from jumping/running away with those new features coming up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ahhh, I see :)
    Well in the mean time you could use one of the wireless logic blocks to talk to docked entities ~shrugs~