Recognized by Council Pseudocolor for glass in buildingmode

Reaction score
    Is it just me that have problems seeing if the glassblocks are build properly ?
    Would like to see them in a contrastcolor in building mode to make it easier to build with them.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    It is not just you. Many of us actually build a portion of our glass areas in hull and then swap them with the remove/replace filter. There is also a debug feature or something of the sort that gives sprites and transparency a solid color when holding f9, I think? I think its f9.

Anyhow, those adaptations don't negate a decent suggestion! Glass being slightly more opaque in build mode could go a long way to alleviating a lot player's headaches.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I too have struggled with this issue my friend. having an "Opaque" setting for glass in build mode could be a cool addition. Like a slider from 100% - 0% or something.

Also thanks to ToasterBorst for the idea of building in hull and replacing with glass.

Reaction score
    It´s F9 but it´s not rly helpful atm , F12 is networkstatistics.
    I too have struggled with this issue my friend. having an "Opaque" setting for glass in build mode could be a cool addition. Like a slider from 100% - 0% or something.
    Like it, maybe the better idea, where it could be combined with Kiraens.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    My knowledge was based on the other thread. I have never actually used it myself, I tend to use the replace trick.
    F9 it is.

Reaction score
    I like the outline idea, but some sort of opacity-adding feature would be excellent as well. Maybe we can also fix the glitch where certain (Translucent or transparent, IIRC) blocks disappear when viewed through glass....

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I, personally, would like to see the glass textures more opaque across the board. (I should probably build a custom texture set with reduced transparency on the glass.... Maybe.) In many cases, the color coordination is off, because the colored glass is too transparent. The decreased transparency would ease the problem prompting this suggestion.

Reactions: Lukwan

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I, personally, would like to see the glass textures more opaque across the board. (I should probably build a custom texture set with reduced transparency on the glass.... Maybe.) In many cases, the color coordination is off, because the colored glass is too transparent. The decreased transparency would ease the problem prompting this suggestion.
    I uploaded a modified Default-256 texture set, which simply reduces the transparency of crystal armor (not glass, as far as I know), to make it both easier to see, and to make the crystal more integrated into color schemes, specifically, because it is now easier to see.

I'm not sure which texture slot is for glass. It's not terribly obvious on the texture sheets. Glass has been around so long, that I expect it should be on the first texture sheet, t000, but possibly on the second, t001. However, we should probably maintain a mostly-transparent glass texture for those who want transparent, non-tinted walls, cockpits, etc.