Proxy Core Thingamabob

Reaction score
    One thing that I would really like personally is a sort of captains chair or something else that I can enter instead of the core and look from, leaving my core protected in a cool looking core chamber.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have you tried using the cockpit blocks?

If you\'re unfamiliar with them, you buy the cockpit block and place it in the ship in build mode. Then you enter the ship through the core block as usual, but use the left and right arrows to switch to the various cockpit blocks in the ship.

That lets you put the core in a safer place deep in the ship, with the cockpit being someplace useful, like in the front.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cockpits are cool, they allow you to place the core in a much better location, but still accessing the core can be difficult. If your ship does not have an interior (which many don\'t) the core needs to be on the outside of the ship.

A simple solution to this would be to expand the functions of a cockpit to allow you to board your ship through a cockpit not just the core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A simple solution to this would be to expand the functions of a cockpit to allow you to board your ship through a cockpit not just the core.

This would be perfect.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I know about cockpit blocks, but even though I have an interior, I\'d much rather place my core completely encased in multiple layers of protective plating than somewhere that it\'s easy to access. One thing for cockpits that would also be really nice would be the ability to place a cockpit on another part of the ship and have the camera face another direction, since I was just trying to put a backup camera on my ship so I could back into hangars and it didn\'t work...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    One of the minor goals of the game is to place the Ship Core in such a way to make it both accessible to you, and near-impenetrable to enemies. This allows for another element of strategy in the game.

Reaction score
    I think that you should be able to enter and pilot the ship from the cockpit, but not enter build mode from there, that can only be done from the core. Core can still pilot and retains all normal functions though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think so too.. this would be very helpful.. and you know the pirates\' ships? their core is surrounded by stuff and isn\'t accessible.. how the heck do THEY get in there anyway?