StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Flagships have the newest technology.

Possible mechanics:
    1. You can only have 1 flag ship.
    2. New Flagships can only be made by destroying your old Flagship or having both -old and new- at your home base.
    3. Abducted Flagships lose Flagship status after some time without pilot from your faction (though you can have none in that time).
    4. ...
    5. For paying a % of their build cost, you can get 10..20% thrust, weapon, power bonus... (but also 110..120% consumption)
      1. if %=100 and you paid 100 hull but have 120 on your ship, armour buff =+ 100/120 %
      2. if %=5 and you paid 3 hull but have 100 on your ship, armour buff =+ (3/100)/5 %
    You pay these % for example with
    1. blocks (when new blocks are added)
    2. credits
    3. by locking faction points available for faction stuff.
    4. ...

Prototypes have the newest experimental technology.

Possible mechanics:
    1. A ship can have prototype blocks:
      1. Ship A has thruster prototypes
      2. Ship B has power prototypes
      3. Ship A and Ship B can NOT BOTH have thruster Prototypes.
      4. Ship A can have BOTH thruster and power prototypes.
    2. For each prototype block and added block, you pay research cost - Either:
      1. Spend Faction points
      2. You suicide Blocks (preferable for an increase in blocks compared maximum the ship ever had)
      3. Spend accumulated research-time (scientist crew)
    3. Abducted, Transfer to other ship, Replace killed: same mechanics as for flagships
      1. Abducted need to wait some time without own-faction pilot for it to lose prototype status
      2. Transfer at faction home (for prototypes could be changed to "any research station")
      3. Killed is instantly replaceable, but you may have to pay blocks or research points again to increase block type limits on this ship.

Reactions: WaffulMann
    Reaction score
    I would have proposed to expand the idea to just any "prototype" ship, which (due to some prototype block in it) can have tweaked stats, e.g. if u click the block, u can alter balance in the ship, e.g. adding more efficiency to the thrust system and having less efficiency of all the guns.
    But I guess it would be demanding from the code side.

Reaction score
    You know what catched my eyes? The word "PROTOTYPES".
    Maybe new prototypes should be added, but with a chance for them to explode (like a rocket each, adding their power like a rocket array) when used. Let's say, 10 of them can bring doom to your ship, of you overuse them, or if you're unlucky enough for them to explode this time you use them. I mena, you use prototypes (ex: extra energy storage, extra energy generating, more damage to the current beam, less energy used by the beam, etc.), you should be ready for the things to go wrong...

Edit: Made this a new topic...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would have proposed to expand the idea to just any "prototype" ship
    Just remember:
    Prototypes -> 1. 3. ->
    Ship A and Ship B can NOT BOTH have thruster Prototypes.
    else prototypes wouldn't be special anymore

Maybe new prototypes should be added, but with a chance for them to explode
    I do not want random events. Random == randOOm for either you or your enemy.
    Player skill and design should matter, not luck.

Maybe you mean with "chance" something like when they get hit, but that would make it worse for porting that design to a non-prototype ship or server.

BTW: Now with abandoned stations giving scrap alloy and scrap metal ... it seems that a part of the implementation is already included in this game.

Reaction score
    If you want an extra 15% for the same space, you shall bring in some random events...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Reminds me of prototype parts from Juiced 2...

Reaction score
    After a ship is made prototype/flagship the ship must become READ ONLY, because if the cost to elevate to that status is per block then I would elevate from just a core and save a bundle of resources. Overall not a big fan of this idea, adds the ability for a great deal of cheating with this.