proper repair using the HP system.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the repair beams are useless in these times, they can really repair almost nothing.
    because of the HP system, starmade remembers what the amount of blocks was before the attack.
    UPGRADE this to that STARMADE KNOWS which BLOCKS were there and WHERE they were LOCATED and to what they were connected.
    using this, you then aim a repair beam at a ship and the destroyed blocks will slowly spawn back, BUT
    this is ofcource a way to get free blocks, so it's a bit more than that only.
    if you want to respawn a grey hull that was destroyed, the repair beam computer has to be connected with a storage block that contains the grey hull.
    in other words, you just don't have to place all the blocks down and reconnect all logic still you have to pay the same price.
    by rebooting your system, this will reset.

the only bad side that should change is that if your ship overheats, you are forced to reboot.

but this will add functionality to repair beams as well as repairing ships doesnt take ages anymore.
    because atm the best way to repair a hip i to delete all blocks and fill a new blue print.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    sorry to burst your bubble but the premise is wrong:
    > because of the HP system, starmade remembers what the amount of blocks was before the attack

they are only tracking the sum of total hp pre damage, no block are tracked, nor individually neither as a group.

however, this has been already suggested to death and the solution will be the shipyard in the future that will (allegedly) restore a ship to a blueprint (adding and removing blocks as needed)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    this is ofcource a way to get free blocks
    This damned misconception always make me laugh.

But yeah, SM does not track what blocks were placed, just the static number. There is also the issue of using Astro-tech mid-battle to make an invincible ship (Just making it take longer to use makes it less usable afterall, cause no one enjoys babysitting). The System was designed to work around Shipyards, so we're just stuck with the placeholders until then.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This damned misconception always make me laugh.

But yeah, SM does not track what blocks were placed, just the static number. There is also the issue of using Astro-tech mid-battle to make an invincible ship (Just making it take longer to use makes it less usable afterall, cause no one enjoys babysitting). The System was designed to work around Shipyards, so we're just stuck with the placeholders until then.
    hu placeholders? well, if i get you right, why not just make repair beams station only that makes sense anyways.
    how could a ship repair another ship while moving, realisticly having it on a station is more correct.
    hmmm about that glitch... i finnaly get why that ship i downloaded from the community had those docked repair beams clock.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    hu placeholders? well, if i get you right, why not just make repair beams station only that makes sense anyways.
    how could a ship repair another ship while moving, realisticly having it on a station is more correct.
    hmmm about that glitch... i finnaly get why that ship i downloaded from the community had those docked repair beams clock.
    That's what cyber was saying....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey, R2D2 was able to fix parts of ships while getting shot at by Turboblasters, and he was just a droid

A well balanced support ship can mean the difference between getting back to base relatively in one piece or having to hitch hiking back. I do think there needs to be a little tweaking, ie. we have a torch, so why not have a welder to fix damaged blocks in astronaut mode? Ships could so with some form of self repair too, not replacing lost blocks or anything, just fixing the damaged ones. Could be a job for NPC crew, but I've yet to get one to find the airlock on my ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    we have a torch, so why not have a welder to fix damaged blocks in astronaut mode?
    There is, its the healing beam.

I personally believe that all repairs should be done from a safe spot like a shipyard, because your not going to do it mid combat or in the middle of space. When the shipyard update happens, it would solve all of this, until then, make a big astro-tech rail system and let it rip.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is, its the healing beam.

I personally believe that all repairs should be done from a safe spot like a shipyard, because your not going to do it mid combat or in the middle of space. When the shipyard update happens, it would solve all of this, until then, make a big astro-tech rail system and let it rip.
    Healing beam heals astronauts, and doesn't affect blocks at all as far as I know.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It did at one time, so I may be wrong, but it should work.
    true i am pretty sure it still is now, why would they remove it.
    once i was hitch hiking on someones ship and i was like ugh i hate waiting, so i went around his ship and repaired some blocks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435778200,1435777933][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's what cyber was saying....
    ow lol, hehe i gues i'll have to rate cyber with an agree :D
    i didn't quite understand him i had my "dun get anything" moment.
    then everything sounds like they are telling me to cook pancakes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435778499][/DOUBLEPOST]
    sorry to burst your bubble but the premise is wrong:
    > because of the HP system, starmade remembers what the amount of blocks was before the attack

they are only tracking the sum of total hp pre damage, no block are tracked, nor individually neither as a group.

however, this has been already suggested to death and the solution will be the shipyard in the future that will (allegedly) restore a ship to a blueprint (adding and removing blocks as needed)
    i edited my first post if you look really well, like the first and second sentence you can see what i already said before you said this :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Tbh, i like the reboot on overheat, it gives a better feel to everything. After all, if your rebooting a ship like that, your probably salvaging it, or recovering some investment after a lost (Or won) battle.