Proof that higher default shield capacitor values would be a good thing

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    balancing effects -> introduce curves.
    higher damage missiles move slower and require more energy per damage than smaller ones.
    or the weapon with the smallest range gets the biggest boost against stuff, such curves.

Like the power system defensive blocks should get group boosts offensive as well but they also get less energy cost efficient with size.
    So lots of small turrets would be better than a few big ones regarding efficiency.

such stuff would result keeping the gigantomany down to reasonable levels if you want to stay competetitive. It allows for glass cannons but they will severely lack and most likely not succeed.
    So kinda what i would wish for a system that even allows for multiple cores or even demands it in order for the ship to really be able to work properly. Any mechanic that encourages not just to snipe cores. Also armor should have some boni against some weapon types stuff like that...

Reactions: Criss

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So I built a small aprox 33 thousand block ship.

As one of many weapons systems I install a Missile/beam/ion system.

I shoot 2 missiles per volley.

They are optimize to get the most shield damage but have max blast radius to Adv Hull.

The system has a little over 950 blocks and average damage per missile is over 100000.
    With about 90% ion I get a little over 200000 per missile.

Total system damage per shot is over 400000 agents shields.

This ship has also 100% ion defense and a normal shield capacity of 172 000 with 30000 recharge.

The shield block R/C is 5502/3720.

This ship is also really fast and has a jump drive that is meant to be 10% of the blocks of a 40000 block ship.

The other weapons on the ship include a nuke and twin lock missiles that fire every 15sec.

This ship was made to be balance but my one weapon system is able to take out its own shields.
    The number of shield capacitor blocks out number that weapon system by almost 4x.
    This is not a dedicated glass cannon and I can down an larger balanced ship that has over 8000 shields capacitor blocks.

This dose not compute.

Now some math.

Missile/beam: damage per shoot per block in system: 225

shield capacitors: add 55 per block in system.

225/55 ~ 4

Conclusion: Need 4x capacitors to survive.

Considering that power regain helps the tank ship as much as the glass cannon I am not accounting for it.

Power storage can help a ship with Other systems besides just the weapons. So a Glass cannon will natural have room not only for its power but for monster thrusts and Jump drives and maybe some other weapons. :O

And I was not even considering ion in the equation which makes the missiles do even more damage with less if at high ratios.

I think that we are about at the min for nurfing weapons as cannons can not go much lower.
    Also to fix the ratio we would need to cut weapons damage by more then half.

No matter how effective a Hp update would be we need 4x the current shield capacity if there is to be a point to the tank ship and most combat.

By the way with current shields and 4million block ships I would consider these capacity values for ship types.

Tank: About 1/4 or more of ship is capacitors and re charger. ATM that is 50 million shields.

Balance: About 1/8 ship is capacitors and re charger. ATM that is about 25 million shields.(uper end)

Glass cannon: About 1/20 or less in capacitors and re chargers. ATM that is about 10 million or less.(normal much less)

Tank should be able to kill Glass cannon.

Glass cannon should be able to kill Balance.

Balance should be able to kill tank(thou it may take a bit).

This is vary basic as there are many types of Tanks, Glass cannons and Balance ships but this should be the main trend.

This is not the case as a 4 million block glass cannon can do near 150 million damage to shields and still be a fast jump ship.

This makes Tank and balance ships near useless.

So we must all hail the glass gun in less there is a fix.
    Damn that was a good read. I honestly think that x4 shields would be best for the time being.

Kinda sad that everyone seemed to ignore your post :(