Project Megido, a massive ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Greetings fellow builders

Since the exterior of the project that has been eating my life for the last two weeks has finally been completed, i thought it was about time to share some screenshots with the community. The interior is by no means done, the final statistics will differ from what is currently posted here.

Project Megido, a gargantuan warship based on the vulkoras desolator from the SoSE games.

Length: 733m. Height: 122m. Width: 412m. Mass: 61074

Only the main battery is currently functional, on the hull there are many empty slots that need to be fitted with weapons.

Credit to my mates: Novillus and Desolator for helping me with parts of the construction

Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1xk7m11vi3jlehx/_bkmuNOv9Y#/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Interior is done, the ship is still rather hollow, but i may fill it in with power/shielding/thrusters in the future. New screenshots have been added to the dropbox. Added:

-Several multi-purpose empty rooms (sleeping quarters and whatsnot) -a Holodeck, immerse yourself in photorealistic illusions of planetbound summer OR winter, now with guaranteed snowblindness. -3 completed hangar levels, 1 for shuttles (default size docking module), 1 for large ships and 1 for frigates. -A briefing room, has no real purpose, but looks nice. -A canteen and a bar, because every respectable ship must have a bar. -Various other rooms (cargo storage or something) -A place where i would put my warp engine, if i had one. -Navigation in the hallways: follow the blue lights for the core, red for weapon systems and yellow for hangars. (you will still get lost even with this in place though, believe me. -More power, shielding and thrust.

The ship is not done yet, it needs way more polish. However, taken the fact that the interior is now technically "done", i will release the blueprint as promised. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epn5zb9b7h4r1bb/iAxMFl8CVu

Happy building.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You\'re my new hero, or at least you will be, as soon as there are downloadlinks..... links plz!!

Reaction score
    just thought id tell you this about your ship, my ship has only 106 for its length and power regen is 40 thousand. total power is 60 thousand. It can barely keep up with the engines. I still cant manuever and fire weapons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will make the ship downloadable when the interior is done. Progress is good, but it will still take some time.

A little progress update:

-\"finished\" main hangar (still room for more modules though) -Walkways are in place, you can now reach all areas of the ship by foot, placed most stairs -Weapons are functional, main battery still needs more AMC. Two more arrays need to be placed in the stern of the ship. -Connected core to hull.

current stats: Mass: 89223. Energy total: 1507479. Energy regen/sec: 1482708. Shield: unchanged.

The ship currently has a thrust/mass ratio of: 13597.1-mass

I added some new screens to the dropbox.

@myspazmo, i fail to see the point you are trying to bring across with your post, if you are telling me the ship needs more power, well there is plenty of space left. Testing it (before i started adding to the weapons) did not indicate any power problems though.

Reaction score
    wow..... your ship looks awesome.... i also have a large ship somewhere round 80k mass but definitly not as cool X3 i look forward to you finnishing yours so i can see how well it performs

Reaction score
    It\'s huge, but due to the empty space, it\'s stats are very low compared to ships of equal size.
    It\'ll probably get wrecked by smaller ships in the same weight class...

Looks awesome none the less, nice job.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    It\'s great to see amazing new builders showing off their work. I hope it gets complete soon and starts wrecking face!

Reaction score
    I don\'t care if it is complete. i would pay to have it as is!! then again i would have to change the color scheme, is there any way to paint blocks? The power, and sheild ratio\'s could be improved, and the thrust as you said is probably terrible and needs alot of work, but this is just so awesome. I would love this as is just so me and my freinds personalize it. im a heavy missile user and only build sheild wrecker cannons. when i get this im going to have to change the color schemes to black and red with purple and lava highlights. I am rambbaling now but I REALLY FUCKING WANT THIS SHIP!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
    Okay, this begs the ultimate question.

WHAT KIND OF MONSTROSITY IS YOUR COMPUTER?!

Jesus! I can only render about 200m at a time. Although, given that my computer is an overweight 87 year old with emphysema and arthritis, I\'m not really surprised.

Reaction score
    Woah. This could well be the answer to the question \'how big is too big\'! I\'ll bet you don\'t even need to shoot anything, just run them over.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is absulutly amazing and it\'s a lag fest for everyone haha, though once it\'s rendered I run it at near 100 fps, one thing though where is the faction core 0.0

Reaction score
    This ship is amazing, i downloaded it and it is truely just epic. my one complaint is the terrbile design of the engines. you are wasting masive ammounts of resources and creating huge amounts of mass for the ship that will require more thrusters which will require more engines. you could significantly increase the power output if you simply watch a youtube video to improve the engine design. such as linking all the engines together. in some ways it help but it also severly decreases efficiency which you could use instead for weapon systems and thrusters.

I am probably one of the few ocd people who this bothers and other then that this ship is awesome. like in the literal sense. i really hope you continue this project as i would love to see the final product.