Project Hephaestus

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Project Hephaestus

Welcome to Project Hephaestus, the goal of which is to design and build a industrial ship capable of mining, carrying cargo, and surviving most encounters with hostile forces.

-Needs -
    A full build with total block count under one million blocks.
    Cargo Hold capable of holding enough material to produce sibling ships.
    Hangar capable of holding multiple shuttles, salvage drones, assault drones, and non native personal craft.
    Multiple player controlled mining turrets, as well as easy offloaded cargo reservoirs

Basic Stats - 357m Long

Basic Size Layout - In Play Doh Colors

Exterior Hull

Exterior Hull Detail Increase

Exterior Hull Detail Increase II
    Exterior Detail Increase III

Beginnings of the Crew and Bridge Module

Expansion of Crew Module
    Beginnings of a Bridge

The Bridge Continues

Recolored, needs more color and details

More Color

A Couple Details
    Several Upgrades
    Engines

Windows & More Color
    -More to come-

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Project Hephaestus

Welcome to Project Hephaestus, the goal of which is to design and build a industrial ship capable of mining, carrying cargo, and surviving most encounters with hostile forces.
    Its that last part about surviving most encounters is the issue depends on what you are up against.
    Depending on how large your cargo is compared to the ship out running an enemy is not likely if say 30% or more of your ship is cargo.
    You'll have plenty of power to divert to weapons if you aren't moving. So you could put some decent weapons on board. Even so it depends on what you come up against. If 30% of your ship is dedicated to cargo and you meat an equal size enemy that is 30% they can put to power and weapons.

If it was a smaller portion of the ship say 5% of your ship that is cargo you might stand an even chance. against an equal size enemy.

Which is why in general cargo ships aren't meant to fight but haul cargo and rely mostly on other ships.

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    By "survive" I mean "not die long enough to run". I'm hoping to have enough shields to keep going long enough to jump away. Also a healthy stock of drone fighters and one drone ship that may take up an entire bay... loose a hand, save the body.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    Project Hephaestus

-Needs -
    A full build with total block count under one million blocks.
    Cargo Hold capable of holding enough material to produce sibling ships.
    Hangar capable of holding multiple shuttles, salvage drones, assault drones, and non native personal craft.
    Multiple player controlled mining turrets, as well as easy offloaded cargo reservoirs

- Construction Day One -

Basic Stats - 357m Long

Basic Size Layout

Exterior Hull

Exterior Hull Detail Increase

Exterior Hull Detail Increase II

-More to come-

Very nice use of color. I thing you did a great job with having smooth transitions :P

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice use of color. I thing you did a great job with having smooth transitions :p
    I should mention that as always I use Yellows, Greens, and Reds for construction. So I can see where lines meet for if I missed a hole or transition easily. In the end it should have a tighter color scheme. For once my ships might not be ... grey... and grey... lol.

Reactions: jontyfreack

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    but grey...grey...slightly different grey is cool

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    -Construction Day Two-

Exterior Detail Increase III

Beginnings of the Crew and Bridge Module

Expansion of Crew Module

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    -Construction Day Three-

Beginnings of a Bridge

The Bridge Continues

Recolored, needs more color and details

[DOUBLEPOST=1450814544,1450814409][/DOUBLEPOST]More to come soon, working slightly under the weather.

More Color being added today, maybe some details. Also the fact that this is all phase one work. Phase two is the addition/refit of a hangar. Also all the interior work that needs to be done.

More Color

A Couple Details

Last edited:

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    if I was colouring it I would be using mostly grey, with a bit of white and some other colours for stuff like piping or airlock warnings. then I would ram it in to a space whale....lots of blood *cough* I mean colouring with red hull types....im not violent towards space whales.....I don't know what you are talking about

by the way, this looks awesome. and I really like how it is coming along, looks absolutely amazing. at first I wasn't too sure about the shape, but now i think you have pulled it off good sir. top work.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Reactions: Spartan4845

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Excellent work with the shape! It looks so clean!
    Ty Ty, but this is just phase one. Phase two brings in the heavy refit, just incase I want to use this shell for another ship in the future.

Phase Two will add the hangar, and mining section... maybe even make this thing modular.

Reaction score
    Ty Ty, but this is just phase one. Phase two brings in the heavy refit, just incase I want to use this shell for another ship in the future.

Phase Two will add the hangar, and mining section... maybe even make this thing modular.
    Even with that, you have a great foundation. I'm still improving and hope to be able to come up with a foundation as smooth as yours. I'm sure the size of your build helps to round your edges and have smooth transitions. I look forward to seeing more.

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even with that, you have a great foundation. I'm still improving and hope to be able to come up with a foundation as smooth as yours. I'm sure the size of your build helps to round your edges and have smooth transitions. I look forward to seeing more.
    Ty Ty, taking a break for an hour or so and then installing the engine section. After that Cleaning up the Crew and Bridge sections some more.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    -Construction Day Five-

Engines... small but I like them... might make a slight upgrade.

Windows and some more color

Going to take a slight break for Christmas, and also a quick overhaul... it'll pay off with my new idea/direction to take the ship.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ORCA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Phase one is based on the Orca, when I regain the will to play again I will move into phase two.

I'm taking a small break due to the fact that I deleted all my ships. Lucky for me that a copy of this one was on a friends server so I was able to recover it.

Reactions: nightrune