Project Asari WIP **IMAGE HEAVY** (ON HOLD)

Reaction score
    Progress made so far. Oldest screenshots at the top, latest screenshots at the bottom.

Reaction score
    Introducing Asari.

This ship is mostly being designed with role players in mind, and space for future updates in game mechanics. Apologies in advance, there is no plan, just my imagination, I am trying to achieve a more geometric design rather than your standard block and cube shapes, so expect a lot of back tracking / deleting and redesigning of large sections.

Current specifications of the ship so that you maybe grasp a magnitude of the ship are (these are subjective to change has the ship is still a work in progress):

Mass: 43992.3

Blocks: 439923

Length: 826 meters

Height: 179 meters

Width: 404 meters

The length of the ship will not increase more than 870 meters, this is due to once detail has been added it may end up being this long, but no longer. The height I am still unsure, I have still yet to finish the bridge tower, or start work on the bottom hull. Width if anything is probably going to shrink in size, I still have unused scaffolding and markers which require deleting.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

ALL IMAGES LOCATED AT BOTTOM.

04/07/2013 -

• So far I've created a main area for the ship core deck.

• Airlocks with appropriate ramps to the West and East of the shipcore deck.

Made minor changes to airlocks, plus added airlock for second level of core area. You can see the airlocks are projected by 2 harden layers, plus the airlocks are embedded deep within.

[*]
    A gravity tube (elevator space), this will lead to several decks and allow the user / crew to float between decks.

[*]
    Created a second walk way with doors to either side, this will lead to either another level containing the viewing platform / command deck or living quarters / open spaces.

05/07/2013

• Decided to delete and recreate hull designs several times during the day/night due to disliking how it turned out.

• Created an alphabet / font design for decks, hangers and floors.

07/07/2013

• Took a break to work on turret, fighter, freighter and corvette designs to see which docked best and how.

• Forgot to turn off pirates / enemy fighters which proceeded to bombard my ship while I was away from keyboard, lucky one of my turrent designs kicked in and managed to destroy all three ships, but not before taking heavy damage.

• Also anchored my ship to an astroid due to it getting bumped around and floating away, more annoying than anything.

10/07/2013

• Have been working / got a new job so only just managed to finish the work on basic super structure. Have now started laying foundations for engines, exhaust and stern.

• Finished the basic structure for the engines, exhaust and stern. These are a basic holder to get my ship a basic shape before I start moving onto finer details.

• Will now start work on the basic design and shape of the amidships sections. More specifically the flight control bridge and hanger areas.

• Have managed to complete a bio-dome that will house a forest / farm area, this was influenced from the film silent running. Was the most difficult to create due to the visability of the blocks being very transparent. This bio-dome is currently located at the rear top section of the ship, I may create a second bio-dome depending on space.

11/07/2013

• Made semi-major adjustments to both starboard and port sides.

• Amidships section still being worked on, however have finished the oval base of the main tower, still unsure on design of main tower section.

12/07/2013

• From the latest screenshots I have been a lot more productive and have placed majority of the basic outside hull, this is a major placeholder and will have so much detail now than the current dull grey.

• The middle hangers require a lot more detail added, but has above, this is also just a placeholder.

• I will now go back and rework the tower area, I feel its too 'square' when compared to the rest of the ship, so will work on the designs again.

15/07/2013

• Stop working on this ship for now due to the limitations of the game not being able to handle its sheer size. Will come back to it in the future when its more stable. Will focus on smaller ships for now.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I absolutely love the detail you put into the ship\'s framework.

Reaction score
    I am thinking either a blue, black, grey and brown colour scheme for the outside hull?

I did want to use green or red, but the green and red ingame are both just so bright and vivid, would of preferred a darker variation of them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice ship, I really like how this is going and want to see how it will end! Use black for the outside, usually it gives a cool look, maybe brown (more like copper) in someplaces. Good work, anyway!

Btw, could you give us a few stats just to have a better idea of the magnitude of the whole thing?

Reaction score
    Thank you. I have uploaded the current specifications / stats of the ship, will change these accordingly has time goes on.

Reaction score
    The sad thing is the original idea, which was basically a short idea / drawing on a small scrap of paper was to have this over 3000m long, but I had to scale it down on a 3:1 ratio due to game limits. The current maximum limits for this ship are L=1000, W=500, Height=300, so it won\'t get much bigger!

Thank you for all the nice comments.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I\'m making a spaceship of a similar scale, we could have a fight when they\'re complete.