Programs like Smedit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Are there any programs that are similar to Smedit? I've tried using Smedit but every time I load a blueprint it redirects me to an "Error" thing.

Reaction score
    Are there any programs that are similar to Smedit? I've tried using Smedit but every time I load a blueprint it redirects me to an "Error" thing.
    SMEDIT is terribly outdated. Why would you think you would be able to import a blueprint (which has changed from the 32 chunk update) when the program itself hasn't been updated in over a year? The only thing SMEDIT is good for, is importing 3d objects into blueprints to then build in game.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    SMEDIT is terribly outdated. Why would you think you would be able to import a blueprint (which has changed from the 32 chunk update) when the program itself hasn't been updated in over a year? The only thing SMEDIT is good for, is importing 3d objects into blueprints to then build in game.
    Well, currently, trying to upload a BP to a server causes the server to crash. So uhm, maybe that's why he wants to do it? And shipyards seem a bit borked as well.

Reaction score
    Well, currently, trying to upload a BP to a server causes the server to crash. So uhm, maybe that's why he wants to do it? And shipyards seem a bit borked as well.
    Funny, because I was just able to upload a ship no problem to the server I play on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. Except it doesn't work. And it apparently was updated a tad a couple months ago as well

Reaction score
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. Except it doesn't work. And it apparently was updated a tad a couple months ago as well
    Are you importing a binvox file? Currently binvox is the only way to import any models into SMEDIT. As I stated the project, it seems, has been abandoned a long time ago by Bobby Bighoof.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    No, I was trying to import an obj. into smedit :/ PRobably why it wasn't working. and Binvox doesn't want to work as well

Reaction score
    No, I was trying to import an obj. into smedit :/ PRobably why it wasn't working. and Binvox doesn't want to work as well
    The obj. import function does not work very well. Binvox works fine, but is extremely slow and takes a lot of memory to import.

Reaction score
    I've been experimenting with this recently: I'm using timethatswasted's SMEdit setup from the thread he linked in the post above.

SMEdit happily imports .binvox files (created by the binvox program from 3D models) and .schematic files (which is what you export from MCEdit), and exports them for StarMade.

MCEdit is a fully fledged drawing program for minecraft, and is excellent for fast and convenient drawing of StarMade structures.
    There are limitations though:
    I don't know if it's possible to have more than 1 block type in the structure in SMEdit (I haven't tried).
    SMEdit didn't seem to like importing a .schematic when I drew in MCEdit with clay. I changed to drawing with dirt, and that worked fine.