procedurally generated horror mobs

Reaction score
    Every abandoned station I've ever seen had a gigantic hull breach. I just wish that abandoned stations had more to salvage than scrap, but that's another convo.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Every abandoned station I've ever seen had a gigantic hull breach. I just wish that abandoned stations had more to salvage than scrap, but that's another convo.
    I can't speak for the new ones (haven't seen them much), but the spiders only spawned on the old ones anyways (They looked more like bases meant for land than space). There is a reason they give scrap as well, could always ask around chat if your curious.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm all down for spooky mobs, but if I found a xenomorph or facehugger in an derelict station I'd probably crap myself after playing Alien Isolation. So we should definitely avoid Alien/predator like intelligence for the fact they're unoriginal, horrifying, and extremely overpowered.

OR!!!

you can nope that station straight to hell with missiles. Seriously, think about how satisfying that would be.

Hey, look at that planet. its got all those horrors on it. Lets send in some marines to..... NAH!!! what a dumb idea, man the nope cannons, prepare for major NOPE bombardment.

Reaction score
    I think Starmade most certainly should have some creepy/scary/horific elements. Think about Star Trek, Aliens, or Prometheus. There are lots of Sci-Fi space games/movies with horror elements. And it makes sense. In the vast, deep and infinite darkness of space, who knows what you'll find. There's good, miraculous wonders, and terrifying eldritch abominations.

Speaking of that, my brother and I played a somewhat fun game similar to what OP described in his post. We loaded up one of Vanhelzings ships(Dragon I think?) and we played in turns with one of us as the astronaut that has to get to kill/escape the ship, and the other played as a creature aiming to kill the player. The creature was a ship that was small enough to go through all the corridors(which was still difficult).

Anyway, getting on a derelict station/ship and going through that but without planning it? It would be neato!

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In keeping with the high configurability of this game, I think there should be some scary things that can be toggled on or off. A server setting for the scarier behaviors like pouncing on players' faces, and a client side phobia mode to alter some characteristics and make monsters' appearances tolerable for more timid players.