Procedural background for planets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What do You think to add procedural background for planets? I mean clouds etc.
    It could be different for every planet (some planets could have clear sky with just starts, some of them could have clouds like earth and some of them could have sky full of clouds with turbulences and vortexes).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    performance on planets will need to be improved if you are going to add that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would this also mean weather as well? That has an actual effect? (not just cosmetic)

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think it will not be much less laggy than seeing the procedural generated sector-background from planets or their orbit.

Reaction score
    It would be a nice touch, but my computer can barely handle the game in general, haha.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't think that it would lagg. I can play with procedural background 4096 with neraly 0 fps drop.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't think that it would lagg. I can play with procedural background 4096 with neraly 0 fps drop.
    I can't play with shadows, because I didn't paid my in-official 2-year taxes to get a new amd/nvidia graphic card.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shades are one of most resource-consuming option in games.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    performance on planets will need to be improved if you are going to add that
    how will a skybox affect performance, there is already a kind of skybox but it is bugged and not easily visible. The only difference would be that it is slightly different.[DOUBLEPOST=1412496186,1412496129][/DOUBLEPOST]haha this is awesome, some planets maybe have very dark weather others have more light

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i would also add that the atmosphere would need to be extended further away from the surface.

too often i hav to jump down to the lowest point on a plate just to see the sky. other than that i mostly see the space back drop