Problem with some parts of my ship disappearing.

Reaction score
    Ok, so today I decided to work on some temporary docking units to transport some big turrets to my planet base (I wasn't exactly "far" in the game). But when I logged on (I was on single player by the way), I saw two partially damaged shield blocks floating just outside my engines. Then I noticed that my engines had a one-block slice going down halfway vertically. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the slice was filled with random blocks, mainly the same shield blocks outside, along with a single d1000 missile array, and some green cloth blocks (I think that came with a texture pack I had installed). Along with that, I noticed all my progress on the docking modules had been wiped, along with a fair chunk of my ship.

So, on top of all that, I also found a two other bugs: the Q and E controls were inverted, and none of the hotkeys worked (i.e. N for nav, T for weapons, R for exiting the core).

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is my file just corrupted? And how do I fix it?

Just in advance, thanks!

Reaction score
    In one of the news posts, schema (via calbiri) did say that he fixed a bug where ships were saved twice as a sector unloads. I hope that is the cause, I am also having the problem you are having, and it is extreeemly annoying.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    All of the other problems you are having sound like a corrupt game, and your original problem might be caused by that as well. I haven\'t had any problems like that for months.

Reaction score
    It could also be a problem with the texture pack you have. If it wasn\'t installed properly that could explain some of the problems you\'re having. I suggest reverting back to the default texture pack and see if everything renders properly.

Reaction score
    I had the page open and didn\'t see the other replies, so that didn\'t make sense in context. But if I do have a corrupt game, then I\'ll wait untill the game gets a little less buggy.