Problem with new chain docking

Reaction score
    Myself and others on the test server have encountered an issue, where, upon docking a mothership to a station (a station is all i've tried), all turrets bar one get disconnected, and the turret that remains somehow ties up all other ports, meaning you can't reattach the other turrets. My ship only has two and I can't reconnect the other, but someone else had three and could only keep one attached. It seems you can swap that one turret for any of the others, but then they will end up blocking the other ports as long as it's attached. You can also use any of the ports individually. The real issue is that the problem persists after you've undocked the main ship, and even removing and replacing the docking modules doesn't correct the problem. Additionally, one of my turrets becomes rotated 90 degrees along its length upon docking of the host ship, but this is fixed when the ship detaches.

I hope this is of use :)

Reaction score
    On further investigation it appears I was wrong in my conclusion that it occurred as a result of my docking to the station, it just so happened I was trying to dock my ship last night and was in just the right position to finally do it with the new patch today as soon as i loaded up, and so I attributed it to that. But loading my SP game shows me that the turret gets detached immediately after joining.

Reaction score
    I downloaded the patch from the link, and all docked objects but one became detached from my ship, and the remaining turret blocked both my other 2 turret docks and both ship docks. My main ship has never docked to anything either, so it appears to not just happen to docking to spaceports.

Reaction score
    Pirate bases immediately lose all but one turret whenever they are generated as you approach, and often the one remaining turret will attack the neutral detached turrets.

Reaction score
    I am on the test server trying to dock a ship with only one turret on it and it keeps telling me i can only dock a ship with 3 deep turrets ok I guess I was getting that message cause the docking area was a bit off... so now when docking area is too smll you get a message about turrets can only be 3 deep minor was just confused at first i was lagging pretty bad i will try later to dock ship with a turret attached will probly work now

I was able to get a ship docked with one turret still attached i put the spare turrets tat could not attach into a storage bay for now

Reaction score
    Nice one Wade, you just saved be a bit of trouble with the 3 deep/docking area size thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so I\'m having major issues with this update I logged onto the server I play on suicided and went home then all of my ships just shot off my station along with all the turrets accept 2 turrets and 1 ship so I have around 19 ships spanning from 20k blocks - 2 million blocks floating everywhere which causes extreme lag so I had to decide which ships I liked the best and destroy the others to reduce lagg then since my station is no longer safe and I can\'t dock any ships onto it I decided to make a real docking ship real quick to dock all my stuff on and fly to a different sector since I am close to spawn and this isn\'t a blueprint server so anything that gets lost and or destroyed is gone forever and guess what I can\'t dock a single ship to my carrier I just made it says something about 3 deep which makes no sense and schema seems to be real good at releasing patches and updates talking about this and that like 3 deep ect ect and the shield patch a few months ago that no one knows what he is talking about at least not anyone I know so maybe when you release a patch try and explain what it is that is going on in general terms and not java coding terms because I do not believe over half the players who enjoy your game have any clue about java also I have countless hours of hard work just destroyed because this stupid ass patch congratz!

Reaction score
    yeah a few bugs with major results unfortunatly but these things happen in alpha and beta stages of games still sucks but just have to roll with the punches