Problem with custom blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can't add more than one custom block because it says there is no more free IDs. When I tried adding more to the BlockTypes.properties file that didn't work either. So I tried doing it completely in the BlockConfig and BlockTypes files using the respective numbers and still nothing. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s what I do and it works.

One error I made often without realising was just a dumb thing. Did you make sure to save the files?
    DId you make sure the ID in BlockType.properties was FREE?
    In block editor, once done, did you SAVE before exiting?
    Are you sure you\'re in the right folder? I kid you not, I apparently had a duplicate and it took me 2 hours to notice.
    otherwise well... that\'s very odd because I have no problem adding new blocks to test and experiment with doing just that : adding name=ID# in the .prop file and then using block editor

:s
    Hope i could help more, so I\'ll be waiting feedback.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem was that for some reason Notepad++ was not asking me to give the administrative permission to save the file, instead it said it simply could not save the file. This is where I screwed up. Since I could not save it directly I simply saved a different version to my desktop then overwrited the original. This does not work, why I do not know. But thank you for your response it helped me solve my problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When ever I keep clicking on BlockType.Properties It keeps saying SAXParseException: content is not allowed to prolog

So Confused

-HanryScribbleton