PROBLEM SOLVED BindException Error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have seen a few post about this, but no answers. I thought I would try and bounce this one out to see if any solution has been found.

I have been trying to run a single player sandbox game and continually get the "BindException: Cannot assign requested address: cannot bind error" when I go to start. I have the latest version of the game and Java.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    looks like in the past it had soemthing to do with a firewall and just a few moments ago in chat someone had the same issue and it was the firewall. So do make sure starmade is an exception for your firewall and have fun!

Good luck

RedWing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I added a StarMade exception in and out for the firewall, but still get the same error. Is there anything else in the program that runs that I would need to make an exception for?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there a way to change the IP address Star-Made looks for when it creates a localhost. Maybe it\'s looking for the wrong IP. I would really like to get my single player game going since everytime I return to an mp game my ship is stolen or gone. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The computer monitoring software that keeps track of the time kids spend on a computer was causing the problem. I unistalled the program and can now run single player games.