Probably my PC but I can't get Planets to generate

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fly towards a planet, enter the atmosphere and... nothing. I can't see it anywhere. How long should I wait for it to generate before I realise my comp can't cope with it?

I only have 3 gig of ram. The game runs perfectly at the shop, on or around asteroids and in space with multiple pirate ships, so I'm a bit confused.

I've tried doing a 180 turn, but nothing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If you\'ve got 3 GB of RAM there\'s something wrong, since RAM banks ALWAYS follow a power of 2.

I\'d check in your launcher how much memory your game is trying to run with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    @ BSD Computers have been sold that came with 3 gb ram. it is actualy common.

@ Anopheles

How long have you waited for the planets?

What is your display distance set to?

Is this single player or multi?

Do you have any custom textures loaded?

Have you re-downloaded the starmade directory yet?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My only question is when you\'re on the planet, does it seem like your computer is trying to load it? ( any stressfull sounding rev noises or anything) if not that tells me that it\'s not your computer, but something is faulty in your planet generation.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you have it render distance set so low it\'s not showing the planet so check that too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The good news is my machine isn\'t straining at the leash, the bad news is that I do get memory warnings. I can\'t get it to accept figures higher than 1024 in memory allocation.

When I get back to my machine, I\'ll definitely increase the draw distance thing though.

Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok your memory is freaking out due to too many ships being in areas you\'ll never see them

TO solve this open your starmade folder and go to server-database and look for the enemy ships, it should look like this : ENTITY_SHIP_shipname

Whatever ships you have allowed the enemy to use, it will be in the \'shipname\' part. So delete all the enemy ships, go to the \'DATA\' folder in the same server-database folder and do the same thing there.

Restart the starmade game and the memory message should be gone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    And also it wont matter how much memory you allocate to it, it will continue showing that message until you remove the ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seeing as your computer shows no signs of it being under stress while loading, that tells me it\'s not your computer at all, but either the planet generation or your render distance.

First try increasing the render distance and if that doesn\'t work then manually download the starmade directory and the starter. Create a folder in program files called \'StarMade\' and extract the starmade files into that folder. Run the starter and make sure you\'re using the correct file path to your starmade directory. Try going to a planet then and if that still doesn\'t work then i\'m completely out of ideas.

Reaction score
    I have found that sometimes I\'ll enter the sector under the planet and there will be no sign of it anywhere. But if I target the planets radar mark I always find it.