PRICE VARIATION TOO STRONG

Reaction score
    PEOPLE ARE JUST GOING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN TWO NEARBY STATIONS AND GETTING MAX CASH.

can you please find a way to either toggle the price variation, or better yet, a variable 0-1 were i can set the variation to like 0.1

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    This isn\'t a bug, it\'s an unintended consequence.

I\'ll agree, though. Could stand to be given an option for the server owners.

Reaction score
    unintended consequense i think will fall under bug category, merely for simplicities sake here. but i do agree its not really a bug. but i didnt think they realized that it could be UTTERLY GAME\'D IN TWO MINS

Winterhome

Reaction score
    As can harvesting space stations for their glass and hunting pirates.

So far, trading is the only fully legitimate way of making money, though a simple pair of changes would definitely help.

Something along the lines of limited stack sizes for blocks, along with a rebalance in sales and buying prices so that it\'s more expensive to buy than the profit you\'ll make by selling unless you\'re making an extremely good deal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The entire economy needs to be rebalanced, and I\'m sure that\'s something the devs are looking into. It really is too easy to make money right now, but hopefully soon it\'ll be quite a bit more difficult. I don\'t particularly like the fact that I can just fly around for about half an hour and have more credits and materials than I know what to do with.

And I realize that pirate loot is configurable... but the base game needs to be balanced in a fair way. Right now it just feels cheaty when you kill pirates, which is the opposite of what it should feel like imo.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Limited block stack size in your inventory, requiring usage of storage blocks, would be decent.

That, and an option to sell the ship you\'re currently in if you\'re next to a shop, for the total price of all blocks onboard and in storage as adjusted for the shop\'s prices.

Reaction score
    I just want it to be stable and get bugfixes and features added...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make stores much more rare. Say one every 96 x 96 x 96 sectors.

Reaction score
    It takes over 30 shops to sell all the blocks from it due to stock limits.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Stores can stay as they are, with lower default stock and only absolutely mandatory parts.

Actual stations can buy and sell the good stuff, yeah?

Reaction score
    Just add a multiplier to server.cfg where people can adjust how strong the price variation is all by themselves, that\'d fix it for the people that want a fix.