Pressing Ctrl causes you to switch to a turret when having multiple turrets on a ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a ship that has easily over 30 turrets and for some reason, the Ctrl button which by default is used to rotate your ship, instead of doing so transfers myself from the ship to attached turret.

This is really, really bothersome. I have lost count on how many times I have been going full speed and pressed Ctrl by instinctely, transfering me instantly into control of a turret. This has resulted in plenty of problems including but not limited to; having to exit turret and left in the middle of nowhere as my ship is left drifting with what inertia it has, crashing a server when said ship crashes into asteroid/planet, lose a ship as it flies into the sun, etc etc etc.

This happens both in singleplayer and any server, both updated and old versions.

Reaction score
    Thats because its not a bug - Its a feature.

To be honest, I\'ve never heard of pressing ctrl to turn your ship. I dont even think pressing ctrl has any effect on ship turning... however I\'ve always used it as an easy way to let crew access docked ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    joke or not, it\'s not a feature

\"roll ship\" in options has Left control as default but you obviously haven\'t checked options and you seemingly don\'t know about many things because of how wrong you are. It has quite a big effect on rotating your ship and is definitely faster than pressing z and x buttons.

Reaction score
    Yep I can confirm this is a bug, I tested it out. On the options it does say that left control is to roll your ship however when I pressed it, I was moved to one of my turrets.

Reaction score
    I\'m serious. If your after rolling thats Z and C. Left Ctrl has (and I hope always will be) switch to docked vessels.

So why so aggressive, ey gov? I think the change to docked is a feature (Why else would it be coded?) and pop at a me for stating what I think? Theres no need to get all \'HURR UR WRNG\' if you dont agree with someone. Get out of your big-boy boots, Mkay?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This actually happened to me yesterday (and was blocking both functions I actually had bound to ctrl), which is interesting because it wasn\'t happening when I tried to reproduce it before my previous post in this thread.