Preposterous image / gif / video embed on starmade chat

Reaction score
    While I try to not take anything for granted on this site , I never expected to see such a staggering display of incompetence. Embedded gifs in chat. That's right , anyone is free to link *any* kind of animated picture from absolutely anywhere on the internet , free of consequences (registering doesn't require you to pay for the game) to the main chatroom that is designed to draw the attention of every single starmade player (many under 12) visiting the site by spontaneously popping up without a prompt or a toggle to permanently disable that behavior. It is also possible to link those pictures to any individual user in a private message , so that even the fastest reacting moderators cannot ban offenders before it's too late.

I must condemn whoever is responsible for this state of affairs for appalling carelessness and being a clueless noob.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It was not schema\'s nor any mod\'s doing. The chat widget is supplied by iFlyChat, and whatever changes they make to their widget gets forced on us.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I\'m unsure of how different this is to sending highly offensive text/links to other people, as it\'s of the same availability, but I will agree that this needs to be optional. I don\'t expect too many fools to willingly get their forum accounts banned, though. If someone is sending you inappropriate pictures or harassing you add me to the private chat room or PM conversation and I\'ll deal with it accordingly. To invite someone into a private chat, click the little head with a plus marker on the bottom of the private chat\'s tab, type in the name of who you want to invite, and then click the \'Invite\' button.

We will be moderating pictures the same way we do text.