PRE build branch

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I have noticed that in the build branch options (in Installation Settings in the Launcher v14), there are the following options "RELEASE", "DEV", "ACHIEVE" and "PRE", and I know what they all are except for "PRE", so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what the "PRE" build branch is?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Pre-build is basicallys Dev builds which is almost ready to be public.

Once upon a time, only testers could use Dev builds, and once they were done testing on the Dev builds, they released them as a "Pre-build" for everyone to test and look for final and missed bugs and such.

Eventually, I think they plan to lock "Dev" builds to be Tester and Devs only again, so the public would have to play with the Pre builds o -o

D

Deleted member 392097

Pre-build is basicallys Dev builds which is almost ready to be public.

Once upon a time, only testers could use Dev builds, and once they were done testing on the Dev builds, they released them as a "Pre-build" for everyone to test and look for final and missed bugs and such.

Eventually, I think they plan to lock "Dev" builds to be Tester and Devs only again, so the public would have to play with the Pre builds o -o
    How exactly do you sign up to be a "Tester"? Do you have to buy StarMade or something, or is there another way of becoming one?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    How exactly do you sign up to be a "Tester"? Do you have to buy StarMade or something, or is there another way of becoming one?
    Testers are selected by the head testers really, just report bugs and help in the sorting/testing of the bugs and you might get appointed. There's a sticky down in "Game Support" I think.

Reaction score
    (To the best of my knowledge,) I can confirm CyberTao's posts in this thread as "truth".