Power

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think that there should be different types of power blocks, with advantages and disadvantages for each.

For example

Solar power

we could have solar power but to use it you would need solar shields and solar capacitors. solar shields would work like in Stargate Universe with the Ship Destiny you would have to refuel inside a star and the solar shields would protect you while the solar panels would collect and store the power in solar capacitors. The advantages of this would be free power, the disadvantages of this would be that it takes up alot of space requiring 3 blocks to produce the same power as 1 of say and antimatter reactor

Antimatter reactors

Anti-matter would be just like our current reactor providing unlimited power but the disadvantage of this would be it would explode upon being destroyed and would take out any reactors within a 3 block radius and they would cause a chain reaction. destroying the entire group of power blocks. Advantages however would include never having to refuel.

Nuclear reactor

It would work similar by requiring one nuclear reactor block for every 25 systems blocks but upon destruction would destroy a radius of 50 blocks. Also upon destruction it would also leave the blocks that are in 75 radius of the blast center with radiation for ten minutes which would take 3 hp from players in the radiation every 1 second this would make it difficult to board the damaged ship and also make it difficult for the pilot to abandon ship.

Star-fuel

Star-fuel Would require fuel tanks and could be filled up at any shop for credits or a station containing a refinery. The amount of fuel tanks and number of systems would determine how often you would have to refuel. Refineries would be placed on a station in a nebula. You would also be able to build you own refinery on a station in a nebula.

things i'm proposing:

Solar shields

Solar panels

Solar Capacitors

Antimatter Reactors

Nuclear Reactors

Star-Fuel

Refineries

Fuel Tanks

Nebula's

Trading Guild Refinery Stations - We should have another design contest

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    fuel tanks would be awesome. this way some theoretical battle/space station siege would be more interesting. Right now, the attacker is kinda overpowered, i think it would be cool for them to have to run back to a base or have to build a base in order to refuel and come back leaving time for the space station people to plan and call for help. Battles should also have refueling ships, like those refueling air planes, this would bring more strategy into the battles, needing to take out the fuel supplies. my opinions are jumbled up, can't really explain it fully...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Not many are going to back you on this. Beleve me I have tried suggesting fuel, and new reactors befor.
    I personally think fuel and new reactors should be implemented, but it should be optional. Server admins should also be able to decide wethere or not these new fuels and reactors are available.

Reactions: Phoenix7991
    Reaction score
    fuel tanks would be awesome. this way some theoretical battle/space station siege would be more interesting. Right now, the attacker is kinda overpowered, i think it would be cool for them to have to run back to a base or have to build a base in order to refuel and come back leaving time for the space station people to plan and call for help. Battles should also have refueling ships, like those refueling air planes, this would bring more strategy into the battles, needing to take out the fuel supplies. my opinions are jumbled up, can't really explain it fully...
    The attacker is only over powered for now, once the AI is at the point where we can tell a ship to guard a sector defenders have basically won.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ehh sounds more moddy/ expansiony

Reaction score
    I wouldnt mind seeing a system kind of like sins of a solar empire has with its antimater. Could be a special fuel harvested from stars to power special weapons or systems. You could have special armor and collectors to harvest it. This antimatter type fuel could be bought and sold in the economy as well. It would kind of satisfy the people who want fuel depots and ships and things, without being a hassle to just fly around.

Reactions: Phoenix7991