Power system...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for my poor English.

I made a 10x10x10 power reactor for 88,750e/sec and I made 10 reactors on my ship but I didn't get 887,500e/sec.It just only about 680,000~750,000.

When the power over then 1,000,000 , I got about 40,000 per reactor.

Anybody know is there anything wrong? Or anything I have to do to keep each reactor's power on 88,750?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s how the game is programmed, after 1,000,000 e/sec, the amount you gain decreases. Also, you\'re far better off making one large reactor instead of multiple small ones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is the correct mechanic, but the reason why is a bit more nuanced. Here is how to actually calculate your power.

1. For each disconnected power generator, add up its three dimensions and divide by three.
    2. For each of those numbers, raise it to the power of 1.7. Then add up all the numbers you get. Call the result B. Let the total number of power blocks used in all reactors be called N.
    3. Compute 2000000/(1+1.000696^(-0.333*B))-1000000+25*N

That is the total amount of power you will generate. If you investigate the formula, you will see why two reactors together generate less power than the sum of their individual contributions. In short, it is because a^1.7 + b^1.7 is less than (a+b)^1.7.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    SO I need to make a power reactor which generate 1,000,000?

I need a lot of power because of my thrust is over then 440,000.

Anybody know how much power do I need ???

Or anyone have good idea for big ship?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Once you get 1 mill e/sec your best bet is to just go 10X10X10 Blocks of energy and power tanks can also help out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The 1,000,000 e/sec is something you can\'t do anything about, it\'s just there, it exists. There\'s no reason to break into reactor building once you hit it. Just keep building out a single power grouping into the 3 dimensions as far as you can, and then when you can\'t extend it further, start on the second grouping. I.e. just build one single reactor that\'s big enough. Compartmentalising them is pointless, it just decreases the total output.

The reason people (myself included) find it entertaining to build cube power blocks of 5x5x5, 10x10x10 and 23x23x23 is just that.. entertainment, a fun challenge, and fitting the most power output into as small a regular volume as possible for something like turret building - it\'s not the best way to build your power generation for a large ship.

Power tanks are definitely a huge help if you haven\'t used any yet, perhaps not so much for sustained flight, but definitely for intermittant firing of your weapons.
    Also, remember that they grow stronger when attached to a larger grouping, so do not use them to fill in the gaps in a reactor, shields are best for that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My advice would be to start with a small ship and gradually progress to larger sizes. There are quite a few things that you can run away with and later end up kicking yourself once you find out you need to re-fit your entire ship.

Power generation being a very important one, make sure you know exactly how it works before tackling a large build.

Build some tests to learn first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for your help.

I\'ll try to find out the best way for my ship.

I had use a lot of power tank.It\'s 540 millon e now but power regain is only 1.5 million...