Power Regen: 10000 e/sec, 5x5x5 Box?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been playing with the power regeneration feature for the past few days trying to squeeze as much e/sec as possible into a 5x5x5 cube. The best I can get is 9520.4 e/sec. I've decided I have an efficent enough design already, but I've heard that it's possible to get around 10,000. Since there arn't very many posts about this subject, I decided to ask what the highest possible regeneration rate in a 5x5x5 cube is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can get more than 10,000 per second on quite a small ship, i\'m guessing you\'re usng the x,y,z axis instead of a plain cube? I\'m prettey sure the default ship has about 10,000 per second (Isanth-IV) and that doesn\'t use the exploit with only x,y,z axis. Can someone link the x,y,z wiki page here? (I\'ve lost the link) Probably keep trying, you can expand it slightly I guess, but that won\'t keep the 5x5x5 size. I\'d just suggest expanding to bigger, OR making multiple generation cubes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My current best is 9597.2 e/s for a 5x5x5 cube. Not a great improvement over yours though.

Btw, anything that causes a person to think to maximize their output I would consider a feature rather than an exploit. I love the fact that I have to assemble the power cores a certain way rather than just making a boring block like all the rest of the modules.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since when is a feature an exploit? You must be a gaint nosebone to complain about a mechanic that makes designing a power system a challenging but rewarding activity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m sorry if I wasn\'t clear when I said I was using the power regeneration feature. I know for a fact that the rate effects for power regen is intended and not a glitch that can be exploited for a regen bonus. I am well aware that there are people who don\'t understand that, but I researched the topic. I saw that some people, like Tiggy100, were able to get more than 10,000 and I just wanted to know how to achieve this.

Reaction score
    The best I have seen since the power mechanics got nerfed is 9927 from a 5x5x5

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I heard claims of over 10,000, but to me it doesn\'t seem like the current power mechanics can allow that much with only 5x5x5.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can someone post a screenshot of theirs +9000 5x5x5 setup? The most I can get is 9000.5 e/s.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the best design I could find on the forums so far: http://star-made.org/content/its-over-9000-questions-power It generates 9597.2 e/sec. Although I understand the best confirmed design can generate 9927 e/sec.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Warsong

That\'s the design I had, interesting that we both came up with the EXACT same design, and thank you for posting pics so I dont have to, lol.

It\'s essentially building as many separate blocks as possible in the 5x5x5 cube, but then filling in some empty spots as long as it increases the power output. There\'s a pattern to it but every attempt I\'ve done at describing it has failed. See Warsong\'s pic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I first attempted making these power cubes, I actually didn\'t think about alternating blocks between layers and filling in the gaps until later. Before I was actually making groups of \"crosses\" and other x,y,z axis configurations :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My apologies that I can\'t post a screenshot, as I\'m not on my home computer, but here is the design that I\'m using for 9927 e/sec 5x5x5 cube.

X = SD HCT xm3.4 Power blocks
    0 = Empty space or other filler blocks

X X X 0 X
    0 0 0 0 X
    X 0 X 0 X
    X 0 0 0 0
    X 0 X X X

0 0 X X 0
    X X 0 X 0
    X 0 X 0 X
    0 X 0 X X
    0 X X 0 0

X X 0 X X
    X 0 X 0 X
    0 X X X 0
    X 0 X 0 X
    X X 0 X X

0 X X 0 0
    0 X 0 X X
    X 0 X 0 X
    X X 0 X 0
    0 0 X X 0

X 0 X X X
    X 0 0 0 0
    X 0 X 0 X
    0 0 0 0 X
    X X X 0 X

Hope that helps out anyone who wants it. I spent quite a bit of time playing with power cubes and this remains the most space efficient one to my knowledge. If anyone is interested, I could post a screenshot later today.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you for posting this! I\'ve been trying to make the most efficient power/space configuration for the past few days. This helped a lot.

Edit: I tested this design and reverse engineered it to explain why it\'s the most efficient design. There are 4 5x5x5 box dimensions that contain 15 blocks each which gives about 8648 e/sec total. In the center is a 3x3x5 box dimension that contains 9 blocks which gives about 1279 e/sec. The result is 5 box dimensions within a 5x5x5 volume using 69 blocks to generate 9927.5 e/sec.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Autor of the 9597.2 e/sec layout said that its easily expandable but I can\'t seem to find the right way to do it. Could someone explain it to me step by step or just post a screenshot of bigger cubes and different shapes?

At least please tell me if four 5x5x5 produce more energy per second than one 10x10x10.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That was originally my design, I posted it on reddit probably about a week ago. The issue with it is it really cannot be expanded or used on a large scale. For a small ship it is perfect but when you start building things with more than 500 mass it really suffers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Milkman is the record holder, beat you by more than a week NASAboy :D

Reaction score
    Why is it so important to squeeze so much power out of a 5x5 cube anyways?