power recharge/storage

Reaction score
    I think it would be nice to be able to adjust between power recharge rate and storage amount. this could either be acoplished by giving power blocks a point system like the weapons or a computer to controll this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, but perhaps instead have varying types of generators? The current one would be balanced, while there could be a new one, perhaps fission that gives a lot of power but has little ability to store much charge. Then a third that gives little power generation but stores an immense charge, I don\'t know what power gen could do this though.
    On a side note, I would like to see solar panels as well. Perhaps they give better energy than the basic generator but are restricted to stationary objects (as it would be \"too difficult and innefficient to use them on a ship, especially when in deep space\").
    Stations could also benefit from energy storage, I actually prefer dedicated energy storage blocks vs generators that store it automatically. Makes the ship more customizable and gives the player the ability to focus on generation or storage without needing a new generator types (like I suggested at the start of this post :P).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, how the energy blocks work now, it\'s reasonably ok.

The balancing shield /engine/weapons/etc usage part with the sizes of energy box they would require, that can be improved later, when the critical fixes are solved.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That is correct.
    It wasn\'t much related to this topic though (energy blocks), but it\'s no problem :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you press \"R\" while hovering over a power block it will show you the total power output of all the blocks combined depending on their design in the top right corner of the screen (works with shields too). It has a point system already. Each block has a capacitance of 1,500 and a recharge rate of 100/sec. However a 1x1x4 group has a cap of 6,000 and an output of 647 (takes 9.3 sec to recharge fully) whereas a 2x2x1 (same number of generators) has a cap of 6,000 and an output of 422 (takes 14.2 sec to recharge:(. So the design is important.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wrong time to expand on such features while the overall balancing isnt started yet by schema. Too much changes in the launch tube. Just saying.